The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

New Google Chrome Image search

Posted By: daveman

New Google Chrome Image search - 08/16/11 03:02 AM

Hey everyone,

I just found out that if you use Google Chrome you can do a Google Image search by dropping an image in the search bar and Google will search for a "similar" image.

I tried this with one of my images and about 5 seconds later a link showed up where someone else had posted my image on their site. There were no credits listed or even any text around my image - just my image there among other images on someone's blog. Really strange, but now I am going to try lots of my shots to see if any others have been used without credit, or ... stolen ...

Thought you might all be interested.
Dave
Posted By: psmith

Re: New Google Chrome Image search - 08/16/11 05:13 AM

Thanks...good info.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: New Google Chrome Image search - 09/16/11 01:42 PM

You mean physically copping the shot (a jpg you have on file) directly to the URL bar? Or a URL to a web version of the picture?

Your instructions are a little vague. I copied a .jpg file to the bar and it just displayed the .jpg file in the browser window.

Roman

Re: New Google Chrome Image search - 09/16/11 08:10 PM

Using Google Chrome, go to Google.com and select Google images. Drag a JPG image from your HD into the search line on google images. (not just Google)

It will spin a little, then give a results set of "similar images". Your photo will be in the search line, but below will be a results set of "similar images". This is where I found someone had copied and posted my image.

Let me know if that does not work for you.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: New Google Chrome Image search - 09/17/11 11:03 AM

That worked for me. Jeeminy, I have 28 pages of people using my "under the canopy" shot alone.

Roman

Re: New Google Chrome Image search - 09/17/11 04:38 PM

wow - that is really too bad...I assume they are not giving you credit?

This is a pretty easy way to find people who are stealing your stuff...
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum