The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Our sweet girl has gone home.

Posted By: Welshfilly

Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/11/11 09:22 PM

It was a couple of weeks ago that we had to make the tough decision on our beloved Corgi girl. She was 12+ years old and had been having a tough year, but a serious illness made our decision for us. Brought home as a little puppy, she was one of our most favorite and co-operative models and she's graced the pages of many magazines, books and covers. I'm pleased that her images will live on and keep her with me for years to come. Just saw this on Amazon today:

http://www.amazon.com/Pembroke-Welsh-Cor...18367529&sr=8-2

Missing her still.

Polly
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/11/11 09:45 PM

Hi Polly,

I am sorry for your loss.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/11/11 10:38 PM

Regardless of how long they are with us, it's never long enough. She was gorgeous Polly and you gave her a great life. You have our complete sympathy and our empathy.

Jim
Posted By: FretlessD

Re: Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/11/11 11:15 PM

Sorry for your loss, Polly. May your memories of your years together help heal your pain.

Doug
Posted By: Welshfilly

Re: Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/12/11 12:39 AM

Thanks all, for the kind words of comfort. As some of you know, Corgis can be a bit bossy, they love to be in charge - so for the past 12 years I've been told when to answer the phone, when to go to the door, when to open any packages that arrive, and on and on. I've loved every minute of it. There's an empty place at my feet where she spent her days and an empty place by my bed where she spent her nights...and an empty place in my heart where she lived...lives.

Thanks again for understanding,
Polly
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/12/11 12:48 AM

So deeply sorry for the pain that you have right now. Hopefully the memories will bring some comfort to you in the future.
Posted By: Diane

Re: Our sweet girl has gone home. - 10/12/11 02:34 AM

I'm so sorry, Polly. I think we've all been where you are now, and it surely hurts. But, you're right. She lives on with her images. That is a very nice calendar.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum