The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Business Pages On Google +

Posted By: Nicole St-Onge

Business Pages On Google + - 11/14/11 03:26 AM

I know it's safe to say that most of you probably have a Facebook Fan Page for your photography but now that Google + has opened up business pages, how many of you will be launching a site over there as well? Or how many of you already have a "profile" on Google + and are just going to use that and not set up a separate business page?
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Business Pages On Google + - 11/15/11 06:27 AM

I'm curious too. I've not had time to look into it but wondering if its going to take off.
Posted By: FretlessD

Re: Business Pages On Google + - 11/16/11 05:16 AM

I haven't checked in to the business pages as of yet. I do however have a profile on Google+. I have been living "under the radar" as to social media until now. I had a friend ask me to add a circle during the beta testing. I didn't do much for about a month and then the flood gates opened!

I started following some big name photographers on there. One thing lead to another and now I'm hooked. I only use it for photography related. I have met some really talented people through Google+. Hangouts, blogs, and now Photowalks. 25 or so Photographers from Austin, San Antonio, Ft. Worth and elsewhere met this past Sat. in Austin down on South Congress. We had a great time and have been sharing our photos.

Give the personal profile a shot, It's been a blast!

Doug
Posted By: Nicole St-Onge

Re: Business Pages On Google + - 11/17/11 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: FretlessD
Give the personal profile a shot, It's been a blast!

I do have a personal page but I haven't been up keeping it much.

Because I focus on two areas of photography, pets and motorsports, I originally wanted to keep them separate so I was waiting until G+ rolled out the business pages. And now that they are here, I'm still in the "wait and see" mode with G+ and I haven't decided what direction to take with it, if at all.

I could post my top/favourite images to my profile page and not do entire albums of stuff like I do on Facebook and this way I'll be using the two media a bit differently. My main concern is that I feel like I am re-posting stuff people have already seen. But then again, I guess the point is to try and reach a whole new market of people. Sure there will be some cross-over but for the most part you'd hope to be reaching new clients - right?
Posted By: FretlessD

Re: Business Pages On Google + - 11/19/11 03:49 AM

Quote:
Sure there will be some cross-over but for the most part you'd hope to be reaching new clients - right?

I don't know. I find the photographers that I follow, use it primarily to follow other photographers and share our work. If and when I'm ready to launch the business side, then I will use the studio name and not my individual. Many of the Google+ people are not big fans of Facebook. Kind of "PC v.s. Mac" like.

I suppose when that day comes, it can only help having personal followers established to then pick up on the business side. I'll have to check out Google business.

Doug
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum