The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

NYC Skyline

Posted By: James Morrissey

NYC Skyline - 12/13/11 06:25 AM

Hey Folks,

Here is a shot I took last month of the NYC Skyline. The moon in the background is real. It is an 8 shot stitch that measures 16x70 at 304 dpi.

Hope you like!
James

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: NYC Skyline - 12/17/11 06:32 PM

Well done. Taken from where?

Re: NYC Skyline - 12/18/11 05:15 AM

Thanks, Marty. It was taken from the Brooklyn Promenade - probably one of my most frequented sunrise haunts here in the City. I actually just learned how to correct the distortion on the sides of the image from our friend, RIchard Strange (who wrote much of the articles that have been published over the last several months).

James
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: NYC Skyline - 12/18/11 05:26 AM

Yes, I noticed the distortion, but not bad. I lived in NYC when I was little kid, and Connecticut. Boston after that, but 30 years in Utah since. NYC is an interesting place to visit, but that's all for me.
Last time I was there, we saw Ground Zero. It was hunbling.
I would like to see the Brooklyn Botanical Garden again someday.
Nice panorama.

Re: NYC Skyline - 02/04/12 05:28 PM

I corrected the distortion and printed this - full size. 16 inches high by 78 wide on canvas. I purchased the wood frames and will be putting it together for the dog show (once the ink cures). Who knows, maybe I will be able to sell it. It is definitely a bit of a hum-dinger of a print. I LOVE my Epson 4900. It is just awesome. I wish the carriage were an inch or two wider - it would be perfect.

James
Posted By: daveman

Re: NYC Skyline - 02/04/12 06:06 PM

Great shot James. I would love to see it full size!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum