The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Back From Westminster

Posted By: James Morrissey

Back From Westminster - 02/16/12 04:09 AM

Hey Everyone,

I just got in from Westminster this evening. What an awesome show - of course, I did not photograph any pekingese. :P I am working on processing the orders as we speak and will definitely share new photographs as they become available, and of course, as I figure out the passwords to my different websites. :P

I can honestly say that this show was an amazing success - the best I have done to date and I am really happy with it - from start to finish. It was also cool that I got to meet one of Julie Poole's former clients! A nice couple from Louisiana.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Back From Westminster - 02/19/12 02:51 PM

Any Rotties this year?

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Back From Westminster - 02/20/12 03:53 AM

Hey Jim,

No Rotties this year. This was a very different year for us. We photographed both ends of the spectrum this year and fewer 'medium large' sized dogs. For example, we photographed 5 paps, 3 poms, 2 cresteds, 6 bostons, 4 frenchies, etc. On the other end we had a ton of really - and I mean really - big dogs. For example, 4 mastiffs and a 1 dog de bordeaux (there were a bunch of others, but it did seem to me that this year was the year of the extreme). Last year we did more medium/large dogs.

I am currently processing as fast as I can to knock it all out. My nephew has been here for the last couple of days, which has slowed down my ability to process.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Back From Westminster - 02/21/12 01:44 PM

James,
can't wait to see some of the images -- especially the Dog de Boudeaux! There were only 16 Rotties entered this year which I think speaks to the judging more than anything else. NYC is a long way to go -- and a lot of stress on both owners and dogs -- to show to a judge whose opinion you don't respect. Let's just say that the dog that took Breed -- a very nice Rottie boy BTW -- was not a surprise.

Glad it was a good gig for you. Now, get those images processed wink.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum