The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Going to Death Valley

Posted By: James Morrissey

Going to Death Valley - 04/09/12 09:45 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up that I will be away for the week, starting tomorrow night. I am flying out Death Valley. I will be back the following week.

James

Re: Going to Death Valley - 04/10/12 10:48 PM

...I have decided to hold off on a Canon EOS 5d Mark III first look. LOL, there are a ton of them out already, so I am going to move straight to the full review. I hope to have it completed when I get back from Death Valley.

James

Re: Going to Death Valley - 04/12/12 03:59 PM

This morning, I shot on the Mesquite Sand Dunes. Great way to start the morning. :P I have a bit of time and an internet connection for a few minutes, so I figured I would quickly check in here. The wifi at stovepipe is still way too slow to allow me to call home via VOIP, which kind of stinks. It means I am still loading quarters off into the payphone. frown However, outside of that, an awesome time to be in Death Valley.

James
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Going to Death Valley - 04/12/12 09:50 PM

Glad to hear you are having a good time James. Your timing is perfect. Nice weather & a cool spell. I'll bet you are getting lot's of good shots to accompany your review of the 5D Mark III.

In Death Valley - 04/14/12 05:20 PM

Thanks, Jim!

It was 30F and snowing at the Agueberry Point this morning!! Not quite a white-out, but close. We are going to the Race Track later.

James

Re: In Death Valley - Home Tomorrow - 04/16/12 06:19 PM

Hey Everyone,

Tomorrow, I return! I will be flying in from Vegas tonight. I slept well for the first time last night this week - about 9 hours. :P I cannot remember the last time it was. The workshop with Steve was a real success, and I was pretty happy to meet a group of new people.

James

Re: In Death Valley - Home Tomorrow - 04/17/12 04:06 AM

I left Kossack at about 3:30 for my 5 pm flight. I was about to board the plane when i was told that i would have to check both of my bags (both of which are regulation carry on bags). I told the agent that I was fine with my clothes but that I would not check my camera unless they insured the camera and the lenses for their full value. Lol, long story short, I have been bumped to a 10:46 flight and will get to NYC at 6:30 tomorrow. Yuck! I am going to look and feel my best going into the office tomorrow!

The one upside was that I was able to squeeze a first class flight and a $300 voucher out of them for my next flight, but it was a bit hairy there. I am really kind of annoyed, I would rather be on coach and home in two hours. frown. I miss Chanthee and my beasties.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum