The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Horn Tooting

Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Horn Tooting - 06/29/12 11:14 PM

Got a cover shot with a little Prairie Warbler from last year. Not that it pays anything, but it's nice to be loved!

Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Horn Tooting - 06/30/12 12:31 AM

Congrats, Durwood !! Very nice.

Jim
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Horn Tooting - 06/30/12 01:22 PM

Durwood,
congrats. A cover is a COVER! I've never gotten paid a lot for any of the ones I've had but I've been damn proud I got them. This is very nice.

Jim

Re: Horn Tooting - 06/30/12 04:21 PM

Thanks guys! I thought it came out looking pretty nice. shocked
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Horn Tooting - 07/01/12 01:20 AM

Hey Durwood,

That's awesome! Congratulations on your cover shot. How did this come to pass?

James

Re: Horn Tooting - 07/08/12 05:39 AM

James,

Sorry for the delay, but I just got back from a hiking vacation in the Columbia River Gorge and may have a couple of pictures later. But I think Roman may have that neighborhood covered pretty well!

The editor of the Conservationist knows I do a lot of avian photography and was looking for something colorful that might go with the featured article about cedar glades.

I had done a couple of articles for them in the past, including one on Tennessee fungi and a couple of photo shoots for other articles and have a good, friendly relationship with them. Networking is important in the process of doing free work, just as it is in getting paying gigs! laugh

The most interesting work I have had in the mag was some photos of freshwater jellyfish! Who knew?
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Horn Tooting - 07/08/12 03:46 PM

Durwood...very well done. And a deserving shot I might add.

Roman
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Horn Tooting - 07/14/12 01:44 PM

Congratulations and a lovely shot it is!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum