The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Going Away!

Posted By: James Morrissey

Going Away! - 05/31/13 06:04 PM

Hey Everyone,

Chanthee and I are heading out for the week starting Sunday - so site updates are going to be a bit slow for the week. Also, as we are preparing for the trip, we have not been moving quite as fast this week with our new article (almost ready).

Anyway - the upshot? We have reservations both in Great Smoky and Acadia...not sure where we are going yet but we have to decide by well...tomorrow. :P

James

Re: Going Away! - 05/31/13 06:10 PM

Pro of the GS -

1. I have never been there before
2. The firefly synchronization is scheduled to start really soon...so we may have the opportunity to see some really cool things.
3. Lots of great wildlife.

Pros of Acadia:
1. 250 miles closer (500 mile drive vs 750)
2. Cooler - it will be in the 60s-70s in Acadia and in the low 80s in Great Smoky.
3. I know the terrain and know where to shoot.

Re: Going Away! - 06/03/13 03:49 PM

Our trip got postponed a week. frown. Mahkayla (my dog) had a run in with an elevator that caused a 400 vet bill and a bit of trauma. We did not feel right taking her into a tent given that by the end of a week it gets pretty dirty in there.

So - I still need to figure out what next and where. I am now leaning towards acadia because it is easier to get reservations for camping as the fire fly synchronization is in full tilt in great smoky starting next week. frown
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Going Away! - 06/05/13 01:37 PM

Good decision, James. Hope Mahkayla is feeling better and that there will be no lingering effects of her accident. I was leaning toward Acadia to begin with because of weather patterns and temps but it's been warm in the NE too. Maybe things will "normalize" by the time you are ready to travel. And the rain will be out of the area. Good luck!

Jim

Re: Going Away! - 06/06/13 04:11 AM

Thanks, Jim. She has really been going at the tail and she has an e-collar on. I had to enhance the cone by cutting 4 sheets of photo paper and adding it to the cone so that she cannot get her tail. frown

It looks like we will have to put the kybosh on the trip - which means we won't be able to go out until October at this rate (or possibly September). At that point, both Great Smoky and Acadia look like they will be a lot of fun due to the foliage.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Going Away! - 06/08/13 03:16 PM

Sorry to hear about the cancellation but as you say, maybe it's all for the best. Guess there are advantages to my guys having docked tails, huh? smile.

Hope she heals fast.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum