The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Off to Yosemite until July 3rd.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Off to Yosemite until July 3rd. - 06/24/13 08:41 PM

Hey Everyone,

I am heading off tomorrow for a week to Yosemite National Park to do a half loop of the high camps. As a result, there will be no site updates. In addition, new members will not be able to be confirmed until I return.

I have some new products to rest review, which will be cool. Hunts has arranged for us to pick up a MeFoto Tripod (the Globe Trekker) which we will be using for the week. It looks like a really nice product.

Also, I got a new Petzl - this one has a red light and is brighter than the one I currently own.

It should be a fun trip! I went to REI the other day with my bag fully packed, with all of my gear (including photo gear). I think the whole bag will way about 40 pounds at the end of the day. Yuck...for 5 days. LOL, if no one hears back from me, please send out the dogs...hopefully one with a barrel of coffee or something.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Off to Yosemite until July 3rd. - 06/24/13 11:20 PM

Have a great trip, James. Looking forward to your images and your articles when you get back. Also, very envious grin.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Off to Yosemite until July 3rd. - 07/05/13 06:35 PM

Thanks, Jim. It was a great - but exhausting trip. I have never done back country hiking before and I was carrying close to 40 pounds on my back. I am trying to quickly process some of the images and put up an article. I have been debating going all black and white with the images as so much of Yosemite has been photographed that way. LOL, otherwise, you will see lots of blue-jean blue, which is mostly what we got - though I did get some very nice set-ups.

James
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Off to Yosemite until July 3rd. - 07/08/13 02:06 PM

James,
glad you had a great trip. Sorry it was so grueling physically but a young guy like you shouldn't have any difficulty carrying that amount of gear in the back country grin. Just wait 20 years and try it then (eyes rolling). Looking forward to seeing your images. I still would have rather have been on that trip than shooting butterflies in my back yard smile.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum