The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

September 11th, NYC

Posted By: James Morrissey

September 11th, NYC - 09/15/13 04:06 AM

I know I am a few days late, but I took this the other night. It was the first year that the new 1 World Trade building was up at the time of the memorial lights. This is a pano that is essentially 8x16 in length. I used Richard Strange's technique to straighten photos to make the axis correct.

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38923#Post38923

Re: September 11th, NYC - 09/15/13 04:13 AM

This image was taken from Brooklyn Bridge State Park, just a bit down the road.

Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: September 11th, NYC - 09/15/13 06:56 PM

James:

Absolutely stunning. The first image needs to be on display in a public place somewhere for all to see.

Jim

Re: September 11th, NYC - 09/17/13 02:50 PM

Thank you, Jim. That is really kind of you. I know that 9/11 does not register for everyone in the same way it did 12 years ago, but it is amazing how much it impacts me personally each year. I still have very sharp images in my head of the City and I can still remember the smell...and I was fortunate to be no where near the buildings.

On a more technical note, it was the first time I have attempted a night time pano. It was difficult to get the framing exactly right for the print. I am pretty happy with the results. My attorney wants two copies - one for his office and one for his home. I honestly never planned on printing out, and even sharing them here I find a bit more than maudlin (and not necessarily so).

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum