The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Colorado and fall colors

Posted By: MediaDave

Colorado and fall colors - 09/04/06 05:41 PM

My wife and I are heading for Colorado (from Missouri) in September. We're planning on being out there the week of the 21st, and are going to be in the Aspen/Crested Butte area. We will have no children and no committments other than relaxing and taking pictures. Any suggestions or advice on favorite places or lessons learned?

Thanks.
Dave
Posted By: Johnnycb

Re: Colorado and fall colors - 09/06/06 03:35 AM

I'll be out that way myself but mainly in the Ridgway-Ouray-Telluride areas. But, who knows Aspen area is not that far from the Ouray area.

Johnny
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Colorado and fall colors - 09/06/06 04:03 AM

Hey Dave,

One of our forum members wrote an article about Colorado fall colors last year. It is at this link:

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/information/php/2005_Articles/devendra/devendra_p1.php

Cheers
James

PS I hope it is useful.
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Colorado and fall colors - 09/09/06 12:33 AM

What filters do you all use for fall colors? A circular polarizer is obvious, but what else do people like?
I just got myself a Cokin P series set with graduated neutral density soft edge @ 2 stop, and a red filter, with the red in mind for fall. I have been wanting to try a Hoya Color Enhancer, a glass lens mounted filter also. What do you all like?
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum