The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Baby Foxes

Posted By: lv1

Baby Foxes - 04/06/07 11:48 PM

There is a den of baby foxes on the farm where I keep my horse. I think there are 4 babies in the family.

Laslo

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/07/07 02:01 AM

Hi Laslo,

You are a lucky man to be able to get close to these little guys. Aren't they the cutest little things? I took some photos of some baby foxes up in Westchester County, NY. The top photo is my favorite of the two. Are they still around for you to photograph?

James
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/07/07 02:59 AM

Cool shots. I say you better "camp" on those guys. I'd head there when it's cloudy and just after a rain or hit it early in the morning with soft light. Heck, I'd hit it when it's raining too! Remember, the sun does not always shine. You could get some amazing shots if they will let you be that close!!!! You better get back there. . . .
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/07/07 04:34 AM

How lucky you are and how special these images are to view. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/07/07 02:40 PM

How special is that! Would be great if by the time they leave the den you will have a hundred shots of them growing up. Hope they are reasonably safe from hunters.
Posted By: Julie

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/07/07 03:28 PM

Those are just incredible!!! Seriously good awwww factor

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/08/07 04:40 AM

I know I am lucky. Yes they are still around. I will try to visit tomorrow.

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/08/07 04:43 AM

Quote:

Cool shots. I say you better "camp" on those guys. I'd head there when it's cloudy and just after a rain or hit it early in the morning with soft light. Heck, I'd hit it when it's raining too! Remember, the sun does not always shine. You could get some amazing shots if they will let you be that close!!!! You better get back there. . . .

I will go back but I feels somewhat guilty because mom scoots away when I get to clos to the den. Those shots were taken 10-20 yards distance.

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/08/07 04:45 AM

Quote:

How special is that! Would be great if by the time they leave the den you will have a hundred shots of them growing up. Hope they are reasonably safe from hunters.

Yes, they are quite safe from hunters and other predators.
Posted By: Dee Dee

Re: Baby Foxes - 04/13/07 12:40 AM

I answered my own question from the other post on whether they are captive...that is even more amazing you are very lucky to have access to these guys! Very cool.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum