The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Foggy daybreak with pelicans

Posted By: christie king

Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 10/09/05 01:15 AM

I witnessed a beautiful foggy and colorful morning at Clinton Lake (near Lawrence, KS). Didn't realize these were pelicans until I got home and dumped the pics.

Keep in the sunlight,
Christie

Attached picture 757-Clinton.jpg
Posted By: Paul Beiser

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 10/09/05 10:38 PM

Gorgeous shot! Great colors, and I really love the "balance" that the trees below bring to the composition. AWESOME!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 10/10/05 11:31 PM

Hey Christie,

I love the shot that you took. Great, saturated color. Very nicely done!

-JM
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 10/12/05 02:03 PM

Very nice capture. The pelicans line make a mirror image of the fog below...when they dip...the fog rises...don't know if you planned it that way, but very cool effect. The dreamy feel and the sharpness of the subject, complamentary lines....all come together to make this a top notch shot.

Really nice work.

Roman
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 01/15/06 08:33 PM

Great photo- reminds me of a chinese caligraph- color, composition, just a 10 photo. Congratulations! How did you get it(exif, camera, etc.....)
Thank's
Marty SLC Utah
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 01/15/06 10:01 PM

Very interesting, i like it. . .
Posted By: christie king

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 01/18/06 12:32 PM

Thanks all for the comments. My apologies for not checking back here sooner. This photo was a case of "being at the right place at the right time." It was truly a magical morning with the swirling purplish fog as the sun was breaking through the horizon.
Technical: Olympus E1 with 50-200mm, 1/400s f/3.5 at 200.0mm iso100, raw.

Christie
http://christieking.com
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Foggy daybreak with pelicans - 01/19/06 01:50 PM

Hey Christie,

Being in the right place at the right time with a camera is always important, LOL. Again, nicely done. If it has not been for the pet photography, I have really taken no decent nature/wildlife photographs in months. It is a bit disappointing. I need to get out a bit more.

-JM
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum