The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

My Wildflower!

Posted By: Tony Bynum

My Wildflower! - 06/01/07 12:47 PM

Here's a couple shots of my 5 year old! Boy they grow up toooo fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 8701-jaida-balsom-frame-email.jpg
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/01/07 02:09 PM

Tony,
pretty girl; gorgeous shots!!

Jim
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/01/07 11:19 PM

Tony, these are stunning. Darling daughter! Lucky dad.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/02/07 05:24 AM

Hey Tony,

I agree - these are just beautiful, particularly the first shot. The second shot could use a pinch of light on your daughter's face, IMO. Your compositions are excellent.

James
Posted By: Joe

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/04/07 12:51 PM

Tony,

Great pictures! I tend to like to the first one a tad more although I can't really tell you why. Maybe as James suggested it's a lighting issue.

I may be going out on a limb here a bit but I'm guessing that you didn't have to 'track' this 'wildflower' to the same degree that you have done with some of your grizzly bear shots .

Excellent compositions, pretty little girl and I assume one proud and happy father.

Joe
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/04/07 05:39 PM

thanks you guys, i'm glad you like the shots. I mostly posted them because of the lighting. It was hard light but I choose areas where I had shaded background so I could shoot a relatively fast shutter speed (1/2000) and get dark backgrounds with properly exposed flowers. I like the hard sidelight, but i'll also try to pull some of the shadows out of the face.

Ive posted these two shots in other places and of 20 or so comments, it's 50/50 on which one people like.

Take care, and again, thanks for the compliments!

Tony
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/04/07 07:42 PM

Nice shots Tony, as always, my fav is the second. The expression on her face is priceless.

Don
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/04/07 11:23 PM

Tony,
I like them both equally. (I know. Don't you just hate that!)

But each has some special qualities:

the first has that innocence of just watching a lovely child pick the flowers. It's as if you just stumbled upon the scene.

The second has that great expression and the lower angle puts the photographer right in the midst of the flowers.

I don't prefer either. I love them both. Very nice. The more I look the more I like them. Which is something I can't say about every image I see. Great job!

Jim
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: My Wildflower! - 06/05/07 02:35 PM

Very nice, I really like the first shot.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum