The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Baby Moose

Posted By: DavidRamey

Baby Moose - 07/15/07 07:50 PM

I didn't have far to go today for nature photography, I took nature photos in my back yard.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Baby Moose - 07/16/07 03:34 AM

Hey David,

I take it these are the guys the wolf pack was hunting for the other day?

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.

James
Posted By: lloydsjourney

Re: Baby Moose - 07/20/07 01:06 PM

great shots
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Baby Moose - 07/20/07 01:29 PM

Lovely little colt (foal, calf, fawn - what are baby mooses?).
Hope that second one is cropped, and that you are not shooting portrait for the time being?

Re: Baby Moose - 07/21/07 04:55 AM

James,
I responded to your message the other day, but the forum got real slow and timed out and lost my message. Yes, these are the same moose the wolves chased through my driveway the other night.

PC,
It isn't cropped and I did shoot portrait, but I used an IR release on the camera. I DID LEARN MY LESSON. LOL BTW, it is a moose calf.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Baby Moose - 07/21/07 04:35 PM

i think they're called calves... and a great shot, especially the first one... must be wonderful to have so many opportunities literally right in your back yard!

Re: Baby Moose - 07/21/07 06:53 PM

calves is the plural of calf. The first time a cow moose is bred at 28 months, she has 1 calf. After that, she usually has 2 calves with 3 being a rarity.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Baby Moose - 07/24/07 04:54 AM

Hey David,

Thank you very much for the information. I have just learned something 'new' about moose. The moose is - by far - my favorite of the ungulates. They look so awkward until you start watching them move...and then they become so graceful. My second year in Yellowstone, my father and I saw a beautiful baby scampering across the marsh in shear delight. I think it is a memory that I will keep forever.

James
Posted By: froggirl

Re: Baby Moose - 07/24/07 03:15 PM

Great shots. We don't have many moose around here but I lived in Thunder Bay Ontario for a while and had the opportunity to see them often in the wild. Again great photos!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum