The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

First post at NWP

Posted By: Terri_French

First post at NWP - 08/08/07 06:16 PM

I would like to improve my landscape photography. This should be a great place to receive helpful feedback.

Here are a couple of shots I took while on a vacation this past week in central Idaho.

Redfish Lake Outlet on a smoky morning

Stanley, Idaho at sunrise

Constructive criticism and suggestions are very welcome!
Thanks for letting me participate here.

I'm using a Nikon D200 and 17-55 f2.8 lens in these photos.
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: First post at NWP - 08/08/07 10:51 PM

Welcome Terri,
I thought I would welcome you to this forum. I normally don't critique photos as there are better qualified people on this forum to do a better job. I would suggest that you may get a better response for a critique on Critique My Work. Nice photos you have there.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: First post at NWP - 08/09/07 05:10 AM

Hey Terri,

Welcome! We are always glad to have new folks coming and joining the family. As David noted, these forums are for sharing photos as you have. The Critiques forum is for more of a 'hard core' look at each photograph.

As to David's ability to critique photos - in my opinion, he is being just a bit humble. :P

James
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: First post at NWP - 08/09/07 03:32 PM

I am not good at critiques, I just know what I like the looks of, Both are nice, but on the first one, I would crop the sun and sky off just at the top of the trees, leave just the reflection in the water. I think the sky is too washed out. I don't have an opinion on anything to do on the second one. I like it just the way it is. DAve
Posted By: Rocky

Re: First post at NWP - 08/10/07 02:41 AM

very nice, Terri! i thought that stream looked familiar! i have a couple of photos of it myself, though not with the sun at that lovely angle. the shot of Stanley at dawn is really very well done... a wall-hanger for sure! i was there last summer for a week, stayed at Redfish Lodge... absolutely beautiful country! unfortunately, there were a number of wildfires burning in the Sawtooths, and the air was so smoky and hazy it made getting good photographs of that spectacular scenery all but impossible.
Posted By: Don Edwards

Re: First post at NWP - 08/10/07 03:52 PM

I'm not worthy of making critiques of others work, still just an learning the craft myself. I also like both photos, and welcome there's a lot of good people on here to learn from.

Don
Posted By: RichardR

Re: First post at NWP - 08/15/07 12:08 AM

Quote:

I would like to improve my landscape photography. This should be a great place to receive helpful feedback.

Hi, Terri! Welcome to NWP! I wouldn't presume to critique your photos other than to say those are wonderful shots with excellent light and exposure. I've always admired your work. There are some outstanding photographers here, many of whom you may recognize, and they are very helpful.

It's good to see you here, my friend,

Dick:)
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum