The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Fishing Bird!

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Fishing Bird! - 08/15/07 04:07 PM

Got a lucky shot of this guy over the weekend while I was out shooting mule deer. . .

Attached picture 9987-_DSC0088-Edit-crop-osprey.jpg
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/16/07 11:56 AM

Hey Tony,

Great shot indeed. When you say it was lucky...was this hand held?

James

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/16/07 03:20 PM

hand held, d200, 200-400 f4 af-s. . .

Lucky because it's hard to get close and level to these birds. They nest very high and they do not, for long periods fly low to the water, they dive in, snatch the fish, and as best they can gain altitude. So it's tough to get them at eye level. This shot was taken near the nest as the bird was coming in, it was just luck that we were there when the bird flew in . . .
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/16/07 03:46 PM

Oh Tony, this is stunning. There is no luck, being prepared provides the avenue to create. You were prepared.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/17/07 03:07 PM

I agree. This is a great shot. It is the fish caught in the talons that gets me every time I look at it. Really cool.

James
Posted By: citylights

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/27/07 01:58 AM

That bird has two tails! Nice crisp shot. Great contrast and sharp eye. I see some artifacts around the fish, birds back and beak. It is just my preference, but I think the crop to the tail is a little tight.

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/27/07 02:31 PM

I agree 100 percent, youre spot on if I were to do this shot over again, I'd crop it as you stated, thanks for the feedback. . .
Posted By: citylights

Re: Fishing Bird! - 08/28/07 01:30 AM

Are you saying this shot is not cropped? Then WOW, you were close. Either way, it should be very easy to add some sky behind the bird and show it cropped as you would like.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum