The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Autmn Landscape From Utah

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/10/07 05:59 AM

From The Nebo Loop, An American Scenic Byway

From The Alpine Loop, also an American Scenic Byway

From near Deer Valley Resort

tough to keep it to three.....cc welcomed & invited..

let's see everyones best fall pics from this year....
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/10/07 12:59 PM

Nice Marty! The snow the past 3 weekends has made for some interesting fall shots this year. Here's some from last year, I'll get a couple new one's up in a day or two. These are from the Snowbasin Mountain area in the Ogden Valley.

Posted By: salden

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/10/07 11:47 PM

These are beautiful. Here in Pennsylvania, we are not getting the fall colors for the lack of rain, so it is nice to see these images.

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah (Recent ) 5 images - 10/11/07 12:02 PM

These were all taken around the Ogden Valley in northern Utah in the past two weeks or so. We've had snow the past 3 Fridays in the mountains so it made for some interesting fall shooting. All images shot with a Canon 5D and a adapted Contax Carl Zeiss 100/2.0.

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah (Recent ) 5 images - 10/12/07 02:32 AM

Well done..........
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah (Recent ) 5 images - 10/15/07 05:12 AM

Hey Guys,

Those are some great colors. Please let me add my own to the mix. This was taken one morning about 10 miles South of Oxbow Bend in Grand Teton NP.

James

Re: One more, a pano shot from last week - 10/17/07 03:18 PM

Used the Canon 5D with a Contax Carl Zeiss 100/2.0 and then merged the images in CS2.

larger image here
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/19/07 05:44 AM

Very Nice images all....I would say we are improving since last years similar post.

Here are a few from the great NorthWest US. We dont get a lot of red..but the gold colors run rampant in the area.

That last one is a 102 Megapixel shot, and prints at 44" x 102" and my favorite so far from the fall season.

Its a 7 shot panorama.

Great work everyone!!!

Roman
Posted By: glamson

Re: Autmn Landscape From California - 10/19/07 07:55 AM

It's great to see so many great images of autumn color from different spots in the west. I just drove from Tahoe to
San Diego down Hwy 395 on the eastern side of the Sierras about a week ago and caught the California autumn.
We have plenty of Aspens so the yellows and some oranges are well represented in the sierras. Don't have much red
and also not a whole lot of green broadleaf trees. The Sierras were snow capped and beautiful this time of the
year.

Autumn - 10/20/07 04:48 AM

As the season progressed,I made it to a few more locations, and was able tp PP a few more..........all said and done, these I liked. One scene I have shot many times, the other two are new locations I am sure to see again...........

Posted By: Randy T

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/27/07 12:37 AM

Just past peak here in Western Wisconsin

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/29/07 12:23 AM

I like the composition. Thank's for posting it. I hope we get more posts.

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/29/07 02:05 PM

Randy - real nice!!

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/29/07 02:13 PM

Roman- very nice shots. I to have been playing around with the large images stitched from several shots. I've been partly influenced by your work shown here. I tried a 20 frame shoot of a barn yesterday but ran into perspective problems at the farthest frames. I was shooting with a Canon 30D with a 100mm lens from about 40 yards away. I think I'm still not getting the entrance pupil of the lens positioned right with the pano head. But, the detail in this kind of shot is so cool I want to get it perfected. Maybe I need to try something other than CS2 for my stitching.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/29/07 02:51 PM

Jim....I agree. CS3 is worth the upgrade alone for its NEW and super (almost stupid) easy auto mode. It is a no brainer....and light years diffrent from CS2.

Roman

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 10/31/07 12:10 PM

Randy,

That shot of the farm just blows me away every single time I look at it. Great composition and phenomenal colors.

James
Posted By: odessit

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 11/01/07 04:01 AM

Ashville, NC (Blue Ridge ParkWay)
October 2007

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 11/01/07 12:14 PM

Hey Odessit,

Welcome - I see you are a fellow New Yorker. Your photos are beautiful - the first two in particular really strike me. Did you pump up the colors significantly in order to get this effect?

James
Posted By: odessit

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 11/01/07 04:17 PM

Thanks for the good words.
Actually that was as is (just resize, curve adjustment to give slightly more contrast and USM). Those colors I got from the VIVID settings on my Nikon D200.
Plus on the first one (not sure if this is correct because I did more then one shot at this location with the different settings) I made the WB wormer than it was in real.
Posted By: Randy T

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 11/02/07 02:02 AM

Thanks for the kind comments. Here's another version of the same scene.

Re: Autmn Landscape From Utah - 11/05/07 02:59 AM

Hey Randy,

Thanks for sharing. I think I like this particular image even more than the first one. Again, it is really quite beautiful.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum