The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Red Fox

Posted By: MikeDale

Red Fox - 11/21/07 02:01 AM

This little beauty was quite happy to go about his business of catching voles and could care less about the photographers clicking away at his antics.

Posted By: salden

Re: Red Fox - 11/21/07 02:43 AM

You have to love the fox. This one is beautiful.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Red Fox - 11/21/07 01:20 PM

Hey MIke,

Beautiful shot of the fox. May I ask where you are shooting this guy? Specifically, how far from the City? I keep having the urge to jump out of the City for a jaunt - but going to Delaware is a bit far for me.

Thanks,
James

Re: Red Fox - 11/21/07 01:39 PM

Quote:

Hey MIke,

Beautiful shot of the fox. May I ask where you are shooting this guy? Specifically, how far from the City? I keep having the urge to jump out of the City for a jaunt - but going to Delaware is a bit far for me.

Thanks,
James

It's quite a way from NYC I'm afraid. It was taken last September in Yellowstone in the Hayden Valley.

Cheers
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Red Fox - 11/21/07 02:32 PM

Mike,
great shots! I especially love the pouncing shot. Perfectly-timed.

Makes me want to go looking for the guys that roam a nature trail close to where I live. Think I'll take some time out and go for a hike.

Nice photos.

Jim
Posted By: Julie

Re: Red Fox - 11/21/07 02:44 PM

Those are gorgeous photos of the fox. I think they are incredible animals. We used to see them when we were riding our horses, but, I haven't seen one in 15 years.

Re: Red Fox - 11/21/07 04:33 PM

Quote:

Those are gorgeous photos of the fox. I think they are incredible animals. We used to see them when we were riding our horses, but, I haven't seen one in 15 years.

They are indeed lovely creatures, in the UK they are resident in many urban areas and regular visitors to gardens. I often used to leave my Mothers house in the evening to find one sitting on the wall or to have the lights come on as one walked in the yard.

In PA I occasionally see one in the yard usually following a scent that one of the Cottontail rabbits has left.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Red Fox - 11/22/07 01:26 PM

"It's quite a way from NYC I'm afraid. It was taken last September in Yellowstone in the Hayden Valley."

Thanks - LOL, it figures. :P I thought that since you and Sue both lived in PA that there was a chance that they were both taken within range of NYC.

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum