The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Wild turkeys

Posted By: gll

Wild turkeys - 03/25/08 03:46 AM

Finally got to get out and try for turkeys strutting, they quit strutting just as I got the camera out. Oh well, i still had a blast.

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/25/08 12:32 PM

Cool shots, Gary. Nice selective focus especially on #4.

What were you shooting?

Jim

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/25/08 10:19 PM

Quote:

Cool shots, Gary. Nice selective focus especially on #4.

What were you shooting?

Jim

Thanks
Nikon d2x and a 500 f4 afs, iso 100 mostly at f5.6 off of a wimberley and a gitzo
Posted By: Jim Rickards

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/25/08 10:34 PM

Good job on these! #3 show nice colour on the body, and the whole bird stands out well from the background.
Posted By: k5mitch

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/26/08 01:18 PM

Third is my favorite. Thanks
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/27/08 05:04 AM

Hey Gary,

These are all really well done. Thanks for sharing. I think the 1st and 3rd are probably my favorites of the bunch - though they are all really good.

James
Posted By: MikeDale

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/29/08 07:15 PM

Wonderful shots! Very well done.
Posted By: glamson

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/29/08 08:50 PM

Quote:

Finally got to get out and try for turkeys strutting, they quit strutting just as I got the camera out. Oh well, i still had a blast.

Quite an interesting and colorful bird, the wild turkey. These shots are great. I've gotten some shots of them here in California, but I've never caught them in the bright sun where you can see their real colors.

I was also struck when looking at this post that you chose the eagle for your avatar. I wonder if Ben Franklin had won out and gotten the turkey designated as the national bird, if you would have used a turkey as your avatar.

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/30/08 02:08 AM

[quote}
I was also struck when looking at this post that you chose the eagle for your avatar. I wonder if Ben Franklin had won out and gotten the turkey designated as the national bird, if you would have used a turkey as your avatar.

I'm sure Ben Franklin was a smart man but he was wrong about the national symbol.
Posted By: Klarich

Re: Wild turkeys - 03/31/08 05:00 PM

Awesome shots! They are just starting to strut their stuff here in MN. The snow today may cool them off a little, however.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum