The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge

Posted By: k5mitch

Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/26/08 01:10 PM

Well I took the daughter up in the gorge to take some photos. She said lets not go take the usual photos. She looked up Elowah Falls, both of us have never hiked back there. Well I am not hiking material after three back surgeries, but I thought I would give it a go and we finally made it...

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/26/08 01:49 PM

Hey Chris,
nice image with great color and mood. Is this a straight shot or did you do some HDR to it?

Jim
Posted By: Jim Rickards

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/26/08 02:06 PM

It's a fine image with some nice green tones in it. The pathway makes a nice leading line. I find myself wanting to see the top of the falls too.

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/26/08 02:23 PM

Quote:

Hey Chris,
nice image with great color and mood. Is this a straight shot or did you do some HDR to it?

Jim

One of my first exposure blending.

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/26/08 02:24 PM

Quote:

It's a fine image with some nice green tones in it. The pathway makes a nice leading line. I find myself wanting to see the top of the falls too.

Here is the top w/little PP.
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/26/08 03:43 PM

Love the greens on this,, I need to get up to the gorge and take some shots there, been years since I did,, DAve
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/27/08 05:06 AM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for sharing. It is very nicely done - though I agree that it makes you want to see the top of the falls. I like the processing job you did on the first one. It seems richer and more evenly toned throughout.

James
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/27/08 11:29 AM

Hey Chris....good to see you made the hike back to one of my absolute favorite falls in the gorge. I kinda like the 2nd shot better than the first one. The colors seem more natural and the shadows are not as blocked up. And of course, you can see the top of the falls.

Great work!!!!!

Roman

Re: Elowah Falls Columbia River Gorge - 03/27/08 04:27 PM

Thanks Roman, this was my first time there, what a beautiful spot...
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum