The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

I'm Ready for My Head Shot

Posted By: Durwood Edwards

I'm Ready for My Head Shot - 04/13/08 01:25 PM

Posted By: Joe Piotrowski

Re: I'm Ready for My Head Shot - 04/14/08 03:56 AM

Great header Durwood.

GBHs will many times allow close approaches. I strolled up to one behind a bunch of brush and tho he let met get about 4 feet from him there was too much brush for a good pic so I just went on my way.
When I came back later there was a Large lady with two yappy little dogs about 5 feet from him and they never even saw him.
People miss so much walking in the woods. Sometimes even with my camera pointed at something people still don't see anything.lol.
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: I'm Ready for My Head Shot - 04/14/08 01:22 PM

This was one of over a dozen birds standing on the riprap below Chickamauga Dam near Chattanooga. They wait there below the spillway for their share of fish stew that passes through the turbines. You can easily walk up to 10-15 feet with absolutely no cover and shoot at your leisure.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: I'm Ready for My Head Shot - 04/15/08 01:17 PM

Hi,

Very nice head shot. I was fortunate enough to be very close to a large heron while we were out photographing sea otters. They are very beautiful up close...and so amazingly intent!! I could watch one hunt for hours.

James
Posted By: Shutter Bubba

Re: I'm Ready for My Head Shot - 04/24/08 05:01 AM

Nice head shot, I love shooting the Blue Heron's. When they spread their wings they are magnificent..
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum