The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Oregon Wildflower

Posted By: maheanuu

Oregon Wildflower - 05/18/08 12:03 AM

I shot this in a marshy area close to home, I believe it is of the lily family, but even that is a guess.
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Oregon Wildflower - 05/18/08 12:22 AM

I would say it was a Camas Flower, and yes,, I believe it is in the lily family, DAve

Re: Oregon Wildflower - 05/18/08 01:18 AM

Thanks Dave, I left here at the young age of 17 vowing I would never return. But when I did, I found that I knew very little about the flora and fauna of the area I had lived in as a youth. Spending 20+ years in the military and having immigrated to Polynesia left me learning about tropical plants and flowers as they are what we have down there..

Appreciate your help.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Oregon Wildflower - 05/19/08 02:49 AM

Hi Ken,

What an interesting looking flower. Was this taken in Polynesia, or in Oregon?

Cheers
James

Re: Oregon Wildflower - 05/19/08 11:11 PM

In Oregon James. I am here providing care for my 90 yr old mother at present, and haven't had a chance to go home for over 2 years now. I am hoping that I will have a nephew or a niece filling in for me about Sept. so that I can go home and be with my family for awhile. I found that flower in a marsh just off Boones Ferry Rd. close to Hubbard. I was driving by and saw a blue heron fishing in a pond on the property and stopped to ask permission to shoot there if the Heron returned regularly. They gave me permission, and I was scouting the area to give me ideas on where I could shoot without scaring the bird/birds.. I saw hundreds of these Camas Lilys and took the shot.. Also they have cut an island in the pond and have bridged the channel with a Japanese Style bridge with a path leading to the gazebo. It's tucked in an area that is rather secluded and very nice. Its a great area to shoot, and I hope that I can get lucky. Would love to get a photo of it fishing, or even better in flight...
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum