The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Watcom Falls Park, Bellingham WA

Posted By: maheanuu

Watcom Falls Park, Bellingham WA - 09/19/08 04:14 PM

Here are 3 shots of Watcom Creek and the 2 waterfalls that lie within the city limits of Bellingham.. I find this city to be one of the very nicest that I have had the pleasure to visit.

Watcom Falls

Boy Falls

Rippling Waters

The skies were leaden and very grey, and I used the most of the available light to shoot these at high apature settings I hope that you enjoy them
Posted By: Kent Williams

Re: Watcom Falls Park, Bellingham WA - 09/19/08 10:23 PM

Very nice shots. I love photographing waterfalls. I think the long shutter speeds make them art rather than a “snapshot”. You did a nice job.

I would have photoshoped out the rope in the second shot.
Posted By: dave_lines

Re: Watcom Falls Park, Bellingham WA - 09/19/08 11:26 PM

I find overcast days to be the best for shooting waterfalls.. these came out really nice,, DAve
Posted By: maheanuu

Re: Watcom Falls Park, Bellingham WA - 09/20/08 01:40 AM

Thanks to you both, Kent and Dave. None of the images above have been photoshopped as of yet, they only have been cropped and placed up here.. I am without Gimp as it is on my home puter, and am using my wife's cousins machine to upload to my holding area and then into here.. All images should have the EXIF Data available if you might like to look at that.

Dave, I really appreciate your comment after spending time on your page perusing your waterfalls and seeing how incredibly beautiful they have turned out... One day... One day....

Thanks again for the comments.

Maruru Roa!
Imua Roa!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum