The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Bald Headed Eagles

Posted By: Marty Everhard

Bald Headed Eagles - 02/26/06 07:59 PM

In February, an incredible number of these beautiful birds migrate to a marshland of the Great Salt Lake set aside as a wildlife refuge. These are some of the shots from my recent excursion. It was an incredible sight, and very challenging to shoot.

Copyright 2006 Marty Everhard all rights reserved

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 02/27/06 09:34 PM

"In February, an incredible number of these beautiful birds migrate to a marshland of the Great Salt Lake set aside as a wildlife refuge. These are some of the shots from my recent excursion. It was an incredible sight, and very challenging to shoot. "

I bet. Photographing birds has always been difficult for me (though my technique is definitely getting better). Great shots, Marty. Thanks for contributing.

-JM
Posted By: amp5213

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 02/28/06 02:00 PM

NIce shots. I especially like the first one.
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 03/07/06 01:04 AM

A footnote to this story- I went back this weekend, March 5, and they were all but gone- I saw a half dozen or so, but they were so far away that photos were gonna be weak, if any.
Now I know how lucky I was. !
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 03/07/06 06:35 PM

Marty,
I love bald eagles, I really want to shoot one. I am envious of your find. I particularly like the first and forth ones. I like the way he is scratching the ice in that 4th photo. Hopefully if you return again next year they too will returned.
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 03/08/06 01:16 AM

Dont you just love how that sounds, "I just want to shoot one." LOL - I find myslef doing that all the time but more and more i'm trying to say, "photograph" rather than shoot. I'd hate for your comments to be taken out of context! No offence please, I just got a chuckle out of it because I say shoot all the time too!

Nice bird shots too, stay on them, they wont stay long!
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 03/08/06 01:36 AM

I was thinking that after I typed it. I find myself stuttering on that too. In this area of Pennsylvania, Hunting is more important then ALL other endeavors. So the assumption here is always guns:) Photographing is just to may syllables:)
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Bald Headed Eagles - 03/08/06 01:37 AM

Quote:

Dont you just love how that sounds, "I just want to shoot one."

Reminds of the joke about a game warden that found an old mountain man in the wilderness of Idaho eating an Eagle. the game warden told the mountain man that because of how serious of a crime that was, he couldn't write a citation, but had to arrest him and take him in to jail. As they were walking out of the wilderness, curiousity got the best of the game warden and asked how the Eagle tasted. The mountain man said, "not bad, about 1/2 way between a spotted owl and a peregrine falcon".
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum