The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Beep-Beep

Posted By: Wacky roger

Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 03:03 AM

Beep-Beep

We went to Albuquerque yesterday to pick up some new product for our gift shops and we got done a couple of hours earlier than expected so headed or towards the river to the Rio Grand Nature Center. I wanted to try and get some more Wood Ducks for my collection. While on one of the trails I found a couple of roadrunners so the hunt was on. This is the 2nd time I tried a crow call on roadrunners and the same result both times, yet many miles apart. They stop and even come in closer.

Posted By: montana

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 03:19 AM

Yet another nice series Roger. I may have to find one of them crow calls as I often find myself getting many "rearview" shots of birds/mammals leaving the scene. LOL Any chance you would share your brand/where to buy the particular call you use?

Thanks,

Derrick
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 03:24 AM

Your series is missing Wylie Coyote.

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 03:37 AM

Quote:

Yet another nice series Roger. I may have to find one of them crow calls as I often find myself getting many "rearview" shots of birds/mammals leaving the scene. LOL Any chance you would share your brand/where to buy the particular call you use?

Thanks,

Derrick

I use the Primos Power Crow Call. Here is the link where I bought it.

power crow call

Over the years I have found it to help me get lots of extra shots of about all wildlife & birds.

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 03:38 AM

Quote:

Your series is missing Wylie Coyote.

Thanks for making me smile.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 03:33 PM

Hey Roger,

These are great!! I love that 3rd shot, though they are all really good.

James
Posted By: montana

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/10/09 05:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,

Derrick

I use the Primos Power Crow Call. Here is the link where I bought it.

power crow call

Over the years I have found it to help me get lots of extra shots of about all wildlife & birds.

Thanks for the info Roger, I will likely give it a try. I have tried making all sorts of different noises with my mouth in the past, but have yet to stop anything. LOL I guess squirrels don't like my raccoon squall.

Re: Beep-Beep - 04/12/09 11:40 PM

Quote:

Hey Roger,

These are great!! I love that 3rd shot, though they are all really good.

James

Thank you James. Every time I see one I smile big time.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum