The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery!

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/27/09 01:35 PM

Went out scouting yesterday. The Opal Creek area I want to do my workshops at, was more than I anticipated. Really beautiful area.

Wife is making plans to camp out there in about 3 weeks when I can spend some real quality time out there.

Roman
Posted By: jadlh

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/27/09 10:47 PM

Beautiful shots, that looks like a great area to hike in with plenty of subjects for your camera .
Posted By: psmith

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/27/09 11:35 PM

Workshops?
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/28/09 01:58 AM

Really beautiful shots!
Posted By: Wacky roger

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/28/09 02:14 AM

Roman a beautiful area and beautiful photos to show it off.
Posted By: I_See_Spots

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/28/09 02:08 PM

Simply breathtaking!

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/28/09 04:08 PM

Thanks ALL!!!

Nolad - Yes, I anticipate a lot of my time this year spent in the area.

psmith - Yep...workshops for nature photographers.

Roman
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/28/09 07:21 PM

Hey Roman, nice shots. Are you using the d3 yet, or are those d300 or d2x files and if so, how many?

Thanks again for posting, you always have a way of showing us what it feels like to be there.

the attention to detail is obvious, you are good at always shooting just enough but not too much. . .

Tony

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/28/09 09:06 PM

Hey Tony....still shooting with the D300....will probably end up getting a D700X when it comes at the end of the year.

Happy with the D300 for now.

Thanks for all the kind feedback.

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/29/09 02:49 AM

Hey Roman,

Would you like to talk a bit more about your workshop plans? Do you have an idea of when you want to start with this?

Cheers
James

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/29/09 02:56 AM

James - I am currently working on a backbone of topics to structure the workshop. IE topics that will be covered, how to structure feild time with class and review time. Size of the course (I will probably have another teacher with me as I was approached by Matt Anderson (a friend of mine back east) who wanted to be part of this.

Also scouting this area so I know exactly how to guide those participating so our time out in the field is maximized with shooting.

I am hoping this fall or late summer we might have enough in place to start my first trial run. Opal Creek is one of my ideal spots to do this as they have cabins as well as some of the best "ancient forest" in the Pacific Northwest. It is a 3 mile hike back to JawBone Flats and there are where all the cabins as well as a meeting house with overhead projector are....perfect for this. And depending on the time...I think anything over 3 days stay for a group and they will manage meals for you too.

So still working on all this, but it is moving forward...so many darned pans on the fire.

Roman
Posted By: Tyler

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/29/09 10:46 AM

Shoot man, I might have to make it out for the workshop, or if you need a scouting buddy.
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/29/09 11:25 AM

My background is in instructional systems design, so if you need a curriculum developer . . .:D

Wish Oregon wasn't such a long drive for a workshop, but who knows, maybe some day.

Re: Opal Creek area ....WOW...amazing scenery! - 04/30/09 01:40 AM

Well...then as I get closer It looks like I have a team to bounce some things off of. :~)

Roman
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum