The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Need wolf photo ASAP for web story

Posted By: BIRDPOND

Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/09/09 10:26 PM

Hi, if anyone here has a photo of wild wolves, I am submitting a story about the recent aerial killings and why wolves are important for the Alaskan ecosystem.

Any photo will be fully credited on the page. Time sensitive, story is ready to send just waiting on photo to attract readers attention (and they're waiting for me to submit it) so if interested please email directly right away with a file (either reduced to 430 x or I can resize it).

Then let me know exactly how you want your name to appear. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the usage.

Thanks!

Cathy
Posted By: Jim Poor

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/09/09 10:29 PM

Unless you get someone who wants to donate to the cause, a photo credit is pretty much worthless.

That said, you could try your hand over at Naturescapes.net where there are a lot of folks passionate about the aerial "culling."
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/09/09 10:35 PM

You should read the Anchorage Daily News story about the wolf that stalked a woman to the porta potties and wouldn't let her out, or about the wolves attacking people on bicycles in Denali National Park. There are way too many wolves and it is impacting the amount of prey animals (moose, caribou, muskox, etc.). If we allow the wolves to live at their present levels, then we run the chance of having no moose, caribou, or other prey animals. Our present moose , caribou, muskox, etc. population is less than half of what it was 20 years ago since people in the lower 48 states started suing us over wolf control. I guess they want wolves and no prey animals and then we will have to feed the wolves to keep them alive..
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/09/09 10:51 PM

You might find it hard to get somebody to donate a "wild wolf" photo because 95% of all wolf photos are taken on a game farm and it costs a lot of money to get wolf photos.

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/09/09 11:01 PM

OK thank you for your help. Jim thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Have a great day.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/10/09 11:07 AM

I would like to read the article. Hope it is possible to post a link to your writings Thanks

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/10/09 03:13 PM

Sue, let's talk offline,

Thanks!

Re: Need wolf photo ASAP for web story - 06/11/09 01:34 AM

Peggysue, I sent you a private message.

Thanks!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum