The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Heron Tree 12 nests

Posted By: Wacky roger

Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/17/09 12:03 AM

Heron Tree 12 nests

A friend of mine told me about a bunch of loud large birds down by the river in a tree so I went down to see what she was talking about.

I found a Heron tree about 3 blocks from my front door. I am going back early morning tomorrow for another try with early light.

Posted By: ddietiker

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/17/09 01:15 AM

Those are sure ungainly looking birds. The last one looks like it is staring at you with one eye. I like the in flight shots
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/17/09 02:09 AM

Great find Roger! That should provide some good shooting ops for you. You've already got some nice shots there and I look forward to seeing more.

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/17/09 12:56 PM

Quote:

Those are sure ungainly looking birds. The last one looks like it is staring at you with one eye. I like the in flight shots

I am on my way down there to try for some more shots.
Posted By: Tyler

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/18/09 01:43 AM

The great blue heron is one of my favorite birds, I think they're extremely elegant. I've been visiting a few of their local hang outs in Oregon the last couple weeks and have a few ok shots I'll be sharing soon. It was one of mt "To Do List" items this summer, to get a shot of one I like.

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/20/09 01:32 PM

Quote:

Great find Roger! That should provide some good shooting ops for you. You've already got some nice shots there and I look forward to seeing more.

I am looking forward to more visits.

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/20/09 01:32 PM

Quote:

The great blue heron is one of my favorite birds, I think they're extremely elegant. I've been visiting a few of their local hang outs in Oregon the last couple weeks and have a few ok shots I'll be sharing soon. It was one of mt "To Do List" items this summer, to get a shot of one I like.

I really enjoy trying to get some gooood in flight shots of them.
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/20/09 05:48 PM

I am looking forward to your next bunch!

Re: Heron Tree 12 nests - 06/21/09 02:41 AM

Quote:

I am looking forward to your next bunch!

I am getting ready to post some new ones right now.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum