The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL

Posted By: Paul79UF

Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 07/24/09 06:33 PM

These are from the Green Cay Wetlands located in Boynton Beach, FL. There's a long boardwalk that winds through the wetlands so you can get really close to most of the wildlife.

I shot these with a stock Canon S5 IS.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 07/24/09 11:34 PM

Very nice, Paul. I'll have to check out that area next time I'm in around Boynton Beach.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 07/27/09 04:07 AM

Hi Paul,

Nice series. I liked the lead off the most.

James
Posted By: Jerry E

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 07/30/09 10:14 PM

I usually come down to Fl in Jan or Mar. Is there any birding action this time of the year at Green Cay, Viera Wetlands or the Blackpoint Wildlife Drive around Titusville.

Thanks

Jerry
Posted By: Jerry E

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 08/06/09 07:25 PM

anyone?
Posted By: Buddy Thomason

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 08/12/09 06:25 AM

Nice. The boardwalk provides an interesting perspective.
Posted By: EricD

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 08/13/09 12:42 AM

Quote:

I usually come down to Fl in Jan or Mar. Is there any birding action this time of the year at Green Cay, Viera Wetlands or the Blackpoint Wildlife Drive around Titusville.

Thanks

Jerry

Those are good months for all of those locations. Lots of Eagle nest that time of year
Posted By: 3rd Time Around

Re: Green Cay Wetlands - Boynton Beach, FL - 08/17/09 09:47 PM

Jerry, you will be thrilled in January. Blackpoint Wildlife Drive should have lots to see at that time of year. If you have time in March may I suggest St. Augustine aligator farm. It is a wonderful time of year there with all the Herons, egrets and possibly a couple of Roset spoonbills all nesting. This year they started earlier so at the end of March they had a few babies around. Either month should be a good time to walk the trails at Orlando Wetlands Loop, located in Christmas,FL. It is about 25 miles west of Titusville. Hopefully others will have other suggestions.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum