The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Weed or treasure?

Posted By: JeffDinPA

Weed or treasure? - 08/06/09 03:04 AM

We have these things all over PA, Day Lillys. They are a nice flower and prolific. This one is a little different since it has double the peddles. Maybe it is a hybrid.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Weed or treasure? - 08/06/09 03:28 AM

Hey Jeff,

LOL, I don't even think it is a question...I love the lilly. Is this a Day Lilly or a Tiger Lilly?

James
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Weed or treasure? - 08/06/09 03:21 PM

James:)

They are a nice plant to have around. Hardy and prolific. I fertilized some of ours and they almost seemed to dislike it:) So I haven't touched them since. This photo is a Day Lilly. The Day Lilly is a bed of long leaves, maybe up to 2 feet. Then there are tall stalks with a cluster of flowers on the end. The Tiger Lilly has no bed of leaves, just a tall stalk, maybe 4-6 feet with short leaves all the way up it. Then again a cluster of flowers on the end. I agree with you Lillys are a beautiful flowers.

JD
Posted By: psmith

Re: Weed or treasure? - 08/10/09 09:45 PM

Treasure.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Weed or treasure? - 08/25/09 02:37 PM

I love these flowers! They are mixed among all other types of lilies in my garden and indeed they do grow like weeds, but still a charming addition.

mixed among these.....

Posted By: LilyPotter

Re: Weed or treasure? - 08/28/09 12:30 PM

Nice flowers and excellent photography!!!!!!! Flowers are really a treasure and when they are captured like these.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum