The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal

Posted By: karlo reyes

A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/08/09 02:05 AM

Yesterday we decided to embark on an exploration going Southern part of Cebu. Our trip was just spontaneous that started out with an itch to shoot landscape that day. Initially our target was Kawasan Falls but due to the great number of tourists and locals going there, we decided to go to Moalboal instead. "Moalboal is foremost known as a place of great diving. The sleepy town lies on the west coast of Cebu, about 92 km south of Cebu City. You can cover the distance in about 2 1/2 with a car or bus."

Aside from the images and scenery we witnessed, its the learning and stories that made the "Moalboal trip" memorable. Just to kickoff our VISMIN Exploration we will start from here then cover our succeeding trips and share them to all. Indeed, we were blessed that day with strong winds and waves! To Lem and Paul I salute you guys for your passion to this hobby. Now, looking forward to the next..

ISO 125 l 17mm l f4 l ."7sec l CPL l .9 ND GRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40
Posted By: jadlh

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/08/09 10:05 PM

Great shot, do you find any build up of salt on your lenses?
If so how do you keep them clean?

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/10/09 07:01 AM

hi jad,so far there's no build up of salt in my gears. after the shoot i quickly clean it up. salt can easily corrode the metal part of the cam.

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/10/09 11:04 AM

#2 SURGE
ISO 50 l 17mm l f4 l .3" l CPL l .9 ND GRAD SE
Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/11/09 11:00 PM

I especially like the first image. The blues are fantastic and the surf motion is very nice indeed.

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/12/09 09:50 AM

Quote:

I especially like the first image. The blues are fantastic and the surf motion is very nice indeed.

thanks durwood, appreciate that a lot! cheers!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/13/09 04:48 AM

Hey Karlo,

That first shot is rather beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Typically I hate humans in a landscape - but they really add scale and dimension to the photo. Very well done. BTW, the second photo in this series now appears to be missing.

James

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/13/09 05:41 AM

Pardon guys but the 2nd Image was accidentally erased. Re-posting this.:)

#2 SURGE
ISO 50 l 17mm l f4 l .3" l CPL l .9 ND GRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/13/09 05:42 AM

PULO
ISO 50 l 19mm l f6.7 l 30" l ND400 l .9 ND GRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/14/09 01:09 AM

i just love this spot in the beach. waves are crashing knee high here.:)

ISO 100 l 17mm l f4 l .7" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/14/09 04:40 AM

Hi Karlo,

I agree...this last shot is a real winner. The shot prior, of Pulo, unfortunately does not do it for me. I find the seaweed material to not be very beautiful - though I like your use of angles and lines in the actual composition.

James
Posted By: Jim Rickards

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/14/09 12:33 PM

I have to agree with James. The last shot has lots going for it. Nice little details in a canvas full of sky/water of blue/green. The cloud bank on the horizon and the blurry forground are interesting elements when you have this monotone canvas, and the rock stands out so well.

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/14/09 02:30 PM

thanks James and Jim really appreciate the inputs. i also removed the borders as it cages the image. thanks again guys!
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal - 09/18/09 01:03 AM

# 4 = WOW, no , correction , great series, surge = wow also, I don't think # 1 would be on my wall but it is as a photographer interesting,
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum