The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

The change - Fall Foliage Thread

Posted By: jadlh

The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/09/09 01:50 PM

I love the colors in the change, but I don't envy the cold weather we will have to endure for another 6 months. In our area we've not had many days have had sun this Oct.

Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: The change - 10/10/09 06:00 PM

Hi Nolad:

Thanks for posting these. Here in the Arizona desert, we are forced to enjoy the fall colors vicariously. What trees we do have either stay green all year, or go straight from green to ugly brown with no reds or yellows in between. Except in the mountains up North, of course.

Looking forward to seeing more as the season continues.

Jim
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/11/09 06:30 PM

Hey Nolad,

Thanks for sharing. #2 and #3 are my favorites. If it is OK with you, I would like to Hijack your thread and make it into a larger Fall Foliage thread.

James

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/12/09 01:23 PM

So far, this is what I have to show for fall foliage. Chanthee, Dog and I were out for a few days in Vermont. So far not much - the weather just did not want to cooperate with us. I had about 5 minutes of light the entire trip. I don't mind overcast - actually, I LIKE overcast for fall foliage. However, it was raining for pretty much the entire time.

Cheers
James

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/13/09 11:48 AM

Hey James, nice work, love the horses in the field and the lighting in #2. We still have a couple weeks left before the color goes mostly brown, right now I'm seeing some good color but the clouds have been around and held back the good lighting for photos.
Posted By: Jim Rickards

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/13/09 12:11 PM

Colours are changing a bit sooner here in the Ottawa area. Here's a few from Gatineau Park, across the river from Ottawa on the Quebec side:

These were taken 8 Oct.

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/13/09 08:48 PM

Wow, I'd say you have peak color right now, those are beautiful
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/13/09 09:05 PM

Awesome!!
The wind down here in PA is stripping all the color as it's developing. We had a nice wet season setting up a colorful fall, but I hope this wind stops!

Here is a little help predicting if you live in the north eastern corner of the US.

Foliage watch

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/15/09 05:37 PM

Hey Jim,

Those are some magnificent colors. You really lucked out. The colors in Vermont were also amazing.

James

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/15/09 10:37 PM

Here's one from my recent ill-fated Alaskan Boondoggle.

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/16/09 01:08 PM

Here in Florida, we obviously don't have the broad vistas of color that you folks enjoy in the northern climates. Seeing the photos reminds me of why I enjoyed late September - mid-October when we were living in Connecticut.

But, we do have a subtle change in the Fall. Despite temps that have remained in the 90's. The Oaks have been dropping their little acorns all over my driveway and my car. That's always a joy. And other plants are dropping their seeds as well.

The Sand Hill Cranes are more abundant this time of year and several walk around the Golf Course providing great photo ops.

And if we look real hard, we can actually find examples of "normal" foliage color for this time of year.

Yup, this time of year I actually envy you folks with your gorgeous colors. In a couple of months, however, I won't envy you your snow. Thanks for sharing your great colors.

Jim
Posted By: Buddy Thomason

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/16/09 07:42 PM

Wow. Beautiful images. Breathtaking, really. And what a beautiful world we have - that gives photographers a reason to live. Very inspiring images. Thanks for posting them.
Posted By: daveman

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/17/09 04:00 PM

Quote:

Here's one from my recent ill-fated Alaskan Boondoggle.

Jim - what happened to make it an "ill fated Alaskan Boondoggle????

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/17/09 07:59 PM

Quote:

Jim - what happened to make it an "ill fated Alaskan Boondoggle????

Hi Dave:

Don't want to hijack the thread or infuse negativity into the forum, so I'll PM you.

Jim

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/17/09 11:41 PM

Hey Guys,

Great thread so far. Jim - for someone in Florida, you seem to do OK with a bit of color!!!

James

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/20/09 06:44 PM

Here's a couple more to add to the thread. The first is a walk way along Lost Lake near Ludington Mi., the second is a field near Hart Mi., we were lucky to see the sun break through on the grouping of trees.

Posted By: Jerry E

Re: The change - Fall Foliage Thread - 10/22/09 09:05 PM

Here's a few from Northeastern Ohio taken today.

Jerry
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum