The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Blue Eyed Duck?

Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/11/09 02:29 AM

Lookie what I found! A blue-eyed duck! No, I did not color his/her eyes in photoshop, they were naturally blue.
Wierd.

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/11/09 02:23 PM

These guys must be related.

This guy was giving me the "evil eye" while I was evaluating some Rotties at Orange County Animal Control. We took both boys, both under 18 months old, and they were placed in new homes in less than a week. Those blue eyes must bring good luck.

Jim
Posted By: robertj

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/11/09 07:14 PM

Nice picture, I had one of these attached to my leg one time. I think he did not like the fact that my eyes were bluer.
Posted By: robertj

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/11/09 07:17 PM

Nice picture, it does have nice eyes. I haven't seen one like this at my local pond.
Posted By: Wacky roger

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/12/09 12:18 AM

WOW!!!! I never seen one with blue eyes.

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/12/09 12:47 AM

Cool! I guess these guys are rare! I'll take it as good luck too! Come on Santa, don't fail me now! LOL!
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/12/09 05:43 AM

Quote:

Lookie what I found! A blue-eyed duck! No, I did not color his/her eyes in photoshop, they were naturally blue.
Wierd.

Interesting! I don't think I've seen a Duck with that red on its face either.

Diana
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/12/09 05:45 AM

Quote:

This guy was giving me the "evil eye" while I was evaluating some Rotties at Orange County Animal Control. We took both boys, both under 18 months old, and they were placed in new homes in less than a week. Those blue eyes must bring good luck.

Jim

Now that's just scary. Cool but scary. He kind of looks like he's giving you a "grrr" out of the side of his mouth too.

Diana
Posted By: glamson

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/12/09 07:55 AM

Quote:

Wierd.

Looks like a Muscovy Duck (white plummage). Actually they are fairly common in the US. Here is some info on them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovy_duck

Re: Blue Eyed Duck? - 12/13/09 11:11 AM

Thanks for that info. Sure looks like a Muscovy Duck.
It doesn't look like thats what Jim has, though.
I have never seen a blue eyed duck, but it sure is pretty.
Posted By: glamson

When it honks instead of quacks - 12/13/09 03:57 PM

Quote:

Jim

This is actually a Embden goose (related to ducks).

Read about them here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embden_goose
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: When it honks instead of quacks - 12/15/09 02:10 PM

"Nice picture, I had one of these attached to my leg one time. I think he did not like the fact that my eyes were bluer. "

That made me laugh.

James

PS Nice shot,Marie.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum