The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

The Wolf

Posted By: Gianchetta

The Wolf - 01/31/10 12:03 AM

Took this at a wolf discovery center in West Yellowstone. I have been there(yellowstone) alot but never seen a wolf in the wild so I took advantage of what I had to photograph.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: The Wolf - 02/01/10 05:27 PM

Hi Scott,

I have been in West Yellowstone many time but never gone to the Discovery Center. Would you mind talking a bit about what it is like there?

James
Posted By: Gianchetta

Re: The Wolf - 02/06/10 12:41 PM

Hey James,
Sorry for the delay in getting back with ya. Its great. I think it was either 5 or 10 bucks for a pass to get in but it was a two day long pass. I stayed at the Wolf Inn which is right across the street from it, walking distance. They have feeding times through out the day and they mark them down so you can come and go as you please to see them when they are most active. There are also some grizzlies there although their habitat isnt very natural looking in the background. Here are a few more wolf images from the discovery center that I took. Take care, Scott

Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: The Wolf - 02/06/10 02:17 PM

One of my most beloved animals on the planet. These images are gorgeous and you have captured that wonderful wet coat so that it even feels cold. The black and white adds to that feeling.
Thanks for posting and starting my day with a smile.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: The Wolf - 02/06/10 02:20 PM

Of the color images my favorite is the second image. Hope you enjoyed watching them as much as I enjoy viewing the photos.
Posted By: Buddy Thomason

Re: The Wolf - 02/06/10 07:02 PM

Stellar creatures - those eyes! Very nice captures - sensitive, I would say.

In addition to #2 I would say #4 has a lot going for it. The head angle is perfect and the non-standard composition could easily accommodate text and/or graphics. Thanks for sharing these.
Posted By: jamesdak

Re: The Wolf - 02/15/10 01:54 PM

Wow, I'm glad I checked into this thread. Like James I've been curious about the center. Now they are on my list for the next trip there in a couple of months.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum