The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Family Portrait Bald Eagles

Posted By: Wacky roger

Family Portrait Bald Eagles - 02/27/10 04:22 AM

Family Portrait Bald Eagles

Lie of the day: I told them to pose real nice together and I would print them a copy of the best photo.

Posted By: gll

Re: Family Portrait Bald Eagles - 02/27/10 04:52 PM

Very nice, I really like the vertical crop, How close will they let you get? the ones down here will allow about 100 yards if I stay in the truck, if I get out and take three steps they are gone, if they are on the ground they fly before the truck stops.

What I do - 02/28/10 02:12 AM

Quote:

Very nice, I really like the vertical crop, How close will they let you get? the ones down here will allow about 100 yards if I stay in the truck, if I get out and take three steps they are gone, if they are on the ground they fly before the truck stops.

The way I get most of my photos is by spending time watching them with my binoculars so I can pattern them. I then pick a ambush spot and go sit or lay down and wait.
Posted By: 3rd Time Around

Re: What I do - 02/28/10 08:49 PM

Beautiful photos and lucky you. I live in Florida so hiding in an ambush spot could make me breakfast! All of my local eagles are always near water with gators and I am not brave enough to scare them off to get closer shots. What lense are you using?
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: What I do - 03/02/10 10:36 PM

Hey Roger,

Very nice - as usual. I also like the vertical crops.

Cheers
James

Re: What I do - 03/04/10 05:05 PM

Quote:

Beautiful photos and lucky you. I live in Florida so hiding in an ambush spot could make me breakfast! All of my local eagles are always near water with gators and I am not brave enough to scare them off to get closer shots. What lense are you using?

Being breakfast does not sound like a good idea to me.

Re: What I do - 03/04/10 05:06 PM

Quote:

Hey Roger,

Very nice - as usual. I also like the vertical crops.

Cheers
James

Thank you James.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum