The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Found another fox den

Posted By: jamesdak

Found another fox den - 05/15/10 04:10 AM

Well the kits I was working earlier have been moved. But I spotted another den early in the week and kept seeing kits at it each evening as I came home from work. Finally went out this evening to shoot them but did not have much time with them. All week they had been out when I came by about 5:30 but tonight nothing until near 7 pm. Then only one came out for about 5 minutes until a rain shower chased him back underground. After the rain another one came out for a few minutes and then back came the rain. with so little time to work them I could not position myself for better shots so lots of distracting items around the kits in most shots.

I noticed a lot of foxes last fall and through the winter so I figured there would be a lot of kits this spring and so far that appears to be the case. This is the 3rd den I've found this year without really even heading into the more remote areas of the valley. I've even got a fox regularly visiting our home in the middle of the night. I know this because by dogs go crazy and wake me up all the time because of the fox.
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Found another fox den - 05/15/10 04:24 AM

Ha- Awesome!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum