The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Bears and Berries

Posted By: naturezone

Bears and Berries - 10/27/10 04:32 AM

This black bear was fattening up on Hawthorn Berries in Grand Teton National Park last September.

www.naturezonephotography.com

Thanks for looking.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Bears and Berries - 10/27/10 11:25 AM

Hey Karl,

Was that taken along the Moose Wilson Road? There were four bear when I was out there. I have a couple of photographs that I am saving for Chanthee's and my article of one that are pretty good.

James
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Bears and Berries - 10/28/10 12:37 AM

What a great shot- what did you use and HOW did you get this? How close were you? Tell us the story!
You even caught him smiling! What a great shot!

Re: Bears and Berries - 10/28/10 03:00 AM

Quote:

Hey Karl,

Was that taken along the Moose Wilson Road? There were four bear when I was out there. I have a couple of photographs that I am saving for Chanthee's and my article of one that are pretty good.

James

Hey James... this was along Moose-Wilson. There were four bear while I was there, too... but LOTS of people!

Karl

Re: Bears and Berries - 10/28/10 03:15 AM

Quote:

What a great shot- what did you use and HOW did you get this? How close were you? Tell us the story!
You even caught him smiling! What a great shot!

HA! I haven't even told my wife how close I was on this one... she won't let me go back if I do!!! I'll just say I was using my 300mm f2.8... and there's just a little crop on this image. Like James said, there were 4 bears eating berries along a 7 mile stretch of this road... but the rangers did a great job of allowing people to observe and photograph while still keeping control of the situation. Honestly, I never really saw any of the bears even acknowledge the crowds (except for the one that fell over on his back) - they were really focused on the berries.

The one that fell on his back kind of looked at the crowd as if he didn't do that, then walked slowly through the now-parting crowd and down to a small pond for a drink... they were great to watch and photograph! Thanks for the nice comments - I like how this one turned out...

Karl
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum