The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Stormy sunset

Posted By: SJGordon

Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 12:16 AM

I guess the original thread didn't make the move and was lost into the ether of cyberspace, so here it is again.

I took this shot a while ago in Ludington, MI just as a strong storm system was ending and the sky was clearing to the west over Lake Michigan right at sunset. I knew it was going to be a nice sunset, but the sky looked like it was on fire and with the fast moving clouds, it looked like those flames were dancing behind the Lighthouse.

Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 01:40 AM

Sorry about deleting this thread. It sometimes happens when I move things from one forum to another (though it has not happened in a while). There were a bunch of replies to it, too. It is just beautiful.

James

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 02:14 AM

Thanks a lot James.

According to my notes, that was taken on Dec 10th 2009 around 5:30 PM and it was 20 degrees F with a 15 MPH NW wind blowing. I remember thinking there better be at least one shot worth keeping because I was freezing my tail-end off.

No worries about losing the original post, like I said in the PM, that falls under the "minor details" category.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 01:27 PM

Jeepers - that is nice and cold. Thanks for reposting it. I think it is a really powerful photo. Have you tried to do anything with it commercially?

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 03:22 PM

Quote:

Jeepers - that is nice and cold. Thanks for reposting it. I think it is a really powerful photo. Have you tried to do anything with it commercially?

As much as I would like to, I really don't even know where to begin that process. I do have a website that people can order prints from, but jumped into that a bit early without having a clue about marketing or anything else.
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 08:46 PM

I had replied earlier Gordon, but I'll reply again. Simply STUNNING!
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/29/10 09:51 PM

Very nice shot! Great color, lots of dynamic action....all in all very well done!

Roman
Posted By: jadlh

Re: Stormy sunset - 10/30/10 02:45 AM

Yes, a very nice shot, it does get cold here in west Mich.
Predictions are for more snow than normal.
Posted By: Lesley

Re: Stormy sunset - 11/02/10 10:12 AM

Doesn't get much better than this...
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum