The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Your Favorites - 2010

Posted By: James Morrissey

Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/04/11 04:05 AM

Hey Everyone,

I thought it might be fun to share some of our favorites from 2010. Some of these you have seen from some of the articles, but I guess that is why they make the articles. :P

Anyone else care to join? I am going to add some more puffin shots tomorrow - my server is being blocked by the firewall right now, and I am limited to those items I 'know' where they are.

-James

Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/04/11 04:58 AM

I remember that lighthouse, definitely was one of my favs of yours James. Don't remember the bear though, love it.
Posted By: Tyler

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/04/11 06:00 AM

My shots this year were rather limited except while down under. Here are my 3 favorites from that trip.

Posted By: Jenny

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/04/11 07:14 AM

I took this on the first sunset of 2010.

Attached picture 33598-swamis.jpg

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/04/11 07:22 AM

I'm not sure how to post the image in the thread, you will have to click on the attachment.

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/04/11 11:46 PM

Hey Guys,

These are great!

Jenny, as to how to embed your photos, where are you hosting your files from? PBase or your own website?

Cheers
James
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/05/11 12:24 AM

Here are a couple of portraits from my most recent trip:

Green Monkey at Barbados Animal Preserve:

Iguana at the beach in St. Thomas:

Jim
Posted By: suwei

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/05/11 05:39 AM

Great idea, hard decision...

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/05/11 05:43 AM

Ok, me again. That might be a stupid question, but I have no clue as of how to upload the images to the forum...? Can anyone give me a quick how to?
Thanks
Posted By: Tucson Jim

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/05/11 06:27 AM

Hi Susanne:

You can find some easy to follow instructions in the FAQ.

http://www.nwpphotoforum.com/ubbthreads/faq.php?Cat=0#image

Jim

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/05/11 09:00 PM

James,
I'm using my own website created with iweb through a .mac account. I read the about FAQ, I'll figure it out when I have some time.
Thanks,
Jenny
Posted By: Edward

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/06/11 04:56 AM

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year to you all! I haven't posted here for quite a while. I don't have much photos in 2010 but let me share a few of them and hope you'll like them

#1 Catch of the Day

-During summer I went to this Tashinojima, the so-called cat island in Japan. It is a small island with mainly fishermen reside.

#2 Ginger Tabby

-I seldom take cat photos from this angle.

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/06/11 05:02 AM

#3 Lightnings

-This is the first time I captured a lightnings and I was overwhelmed.

#4 Moonrise

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/06/11 05:09 AM

#5 Black-winged Stilt

-I live in Hong Kong. Not sure if these birds exist in the States. They wear a black tuxedo with long red legs.

#6 Oil Rig

-I went for my first deep sea fishing trip with my friends in the South China Sea. And there are have an oil field with ten to twenty (I guess) oil rigs in the midst of the ocean. It is interesting they let us to tug on boat onto to rig. I took this shot at the sunset with the moon rising on the left. And on the right is another fishing boat.

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/06/11 05:14 AM

#7 Silhouette

-I guess all felines love climbing trees.

#8 Tank

-I have taken photos of cats with various vehicles, but a bulldozer is the first time.

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/06/11 05:29 AM

#9 Welcome

-It is not uncommon see dogs or cats at street stores in Hong Kong. (Of course, you won't see this at stores inside a shopping mall.) One day I walked pass this store and saw their lovely pets lined up so neatly greeting the customers. Lucky I had my camera with me.

#10 Tracy playing keyboard

-We have five cats at home. This is Tracy the 3rd one. They always jump from the stool and chasing each other on the keyboard if I forgot to cover it.

I hope you have enjoyed the ten photos I have chosen for 2010
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/06/11 03:11 PM

Four of my faves from last year...

Roman

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/07/11 05:26 AM

I finally figured it out...are you testing how computer savvy your members are... ?

Anyway, here three of my images for the best of 2010

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/07/11 02:00 PM

My favorites seem to be concentrated in stuff I shot for myself and not stuff I shot for my work. In May, we drove out to Greeley, CO and shot the ARC National. On our way home we stopped in Mesa Verde and I had the opportunity to shoot some of the Anastazi Cliff Dwellings. What an amazing place!!

Also on that trip, we took a side trip to a car-museum and I had the opportunity to photograph a ton of antique cars, motorcycles and other vehicles. I had large prints made of my favorites which I sent to a friend who had opened an auto repair shop in Michigan. Here's one of them.

My favorite portrait was this one of Gabby who had been rescued from a puppy mill in N. Florida. She was fostered by my neighbor, Tiffany, and eventually adopted by Tiff's mom.

And my second-favorite portrait was this one of Moxie on the front porch of Mojitoville in Key West in her finest Key West plumage.

And, finally, from one of my walks along the Shingle Creek Nature Trail where there is always an abundance of flora and fauna to keep any photographer happy.

Wishing you all a very creative 2011.

Jim

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/08/11 08:31 PM

Hey Everyone,

These are all just amazing. This is, by far, the best 'best of' thread we have done yet. Lots of people sharing really cool shots.

James

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/08/11 08:33 PM

Posted By: SJGordon

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/09/11 06:07 PM

Here are a couple of my personal favorites taken during 2010.

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/20/11 03:15 AM

Jeez, going back through my folders I realize I've done very little "for fun" photography this year. Here's a few of my favs.

Monterey Coast

San Diego Zoo

A friend's Bulldog pup

New Selkirk Rex kitten at my house

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 01/20/11 03:17 AM

LOL, I love this one!
Diana

Quote:

#9 Welcome

-It is not uncommon see dogs or cats at street stores in Hong Kong. (Of course, you won't see this at stores inside a shopping mall.) One day I walked pass this store and saw their lovely pets lined up so neatly greeting the customers. Lucky I had my camera with me.

Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 02/08/11 10:23 PM

Something from my home:

Something from Belize:
Posted By: Randy T

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 02/13/11 11:02 PM

Here's several of my favorites...

Posted By: daveman

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 02/14/11 02:48 AM

Lots of great images on this thread. I had to think for a while, but I am going to say the image below is my favorite from 2010. This is a stitched image of about 5 portrait shots taken at mono lake. There was some great storm clouds, but also a forest fire in the background.

[img]http://davedilli.zenfolio.com/p748191892/eea4074f[img]

I cannot figure out why this is displaying the link instead of the image. Can anyone tell me what to do differently?

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 02/14/11 05:25 AM

Hi Dave and Randy,

Great shots!!! Both of you.

Randy - that eagle really rocks.

Dave, not sure how to get an image to post from Zenfolio. I had assumed it would probably be the same as pbase or the other online image-tanks. BTW, awesome shot of Mono lake.

James
Posted By: Lesley

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 02/16/11 11:41 AM

I can't seem to post more than one photo per message and i can't make it any larger than "medium" size... sorry. So here is one of my favorites from 2010.

Posted By: Lesley

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 02/16/11 11:44 AM

Another 2010 favorite from a memorable trip.

Posted By: jadlh

Re: Your Favorites - 2010 - 03/28/11 11:34 PM

Grand Cayman's south sound

Grand Canyon morning

Zion's Narrows

Grand Canyon's Cape Royal

Grand Cayman, near Star Fish Point
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum