The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo)

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo) - 05/08/06 01:58 AM

Caught this guys out in the open and all alone. . .

Attached picture 3394-_DSC7498-edit-email-stroke.jpg
Posted By: DavidRamey

Re: Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo) - 05/08/06 02:02 AM

I makes me wonder if all his buddies are hiding just over that crest he is standing on.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo) - 05/08/06 12:16 PM

I am always amazed to see how far a lone bachelor can be from 'everybody else.' Sometimes, they show up in the most unlikely of places.

On another note, I like the light in this photo, Tony. You are keeping your shadows and highlights very nicely in this shot. Are you using filters? Part of me wishes the buf would be facing a bit more towards the camera, but that is just a preference.

Cheers
James
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo) - 05/08/06 02:43 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. I used a polarizer. I also got only that one shot as a huge cloud moved over the scene and blanked out the light. I shot more in the shadow light, but they were horrible!

Thanks again!

By the way, this photo was taken about 3 miles from my house - na-na-na-na-naaaa-na . . . . LOL!

By the way, my d70 totally died last night! no blinking lights no nothing, completely dead! Lucky for me I paid the $80 bucks for the extended Mack warrenty! So it's all boxed up and ready to go. Acctually it's not such a bad thing as I have backups AND, the camera is at the end of it's life anyway. . . Hopefully I'll get another year or two out of it after it's serviced. . .
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo) - 05/09/06 02:01 PM

It is a lovely shot. I like the caption(s) - both of them fit it well.

Bad luck re the D70; I hope mine keeps ticking over okay until enough $s are saved for a D200.
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Under that Big Montana Sky. . . (photo) - 05/09/06 11:52 PM

Very Cool Shot Tony! I like this one better then the other. I like the composition of the Mother and baby, but the lighting was not for me.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum