The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Rock House

Posted By: Scott Flaherty

Rock House - 01/05/11 08:26 PM

Rock House is a naturally occurring cave found in the Hocking Hills region of Ohio. Many people find it too difficult to shoot in there, but I gave it a try anyway. This is actually a 5 frame HDR image. I used Photomatix Pro to combine the frames and then fine tuned it in Photoshop.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Rock House - 01/08/11 08:35 PM

Hey Scott,

That is rather excellent. Really nice composition. Very well done.

James
Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: Rock House - 01/08/11 08:37 PM

Love this one too. Stunning!
Posted By: Sunstruck

Re: Rock House - 01/10/11 01:55 AM

What a beautiful photo, and absolutely stunning example of a well done HDR that doesn't look like a cartoon!
Posted By: Lesley

Re: Rock House - 01/10/11 10:16 PM

Bravo... well done!
Posted By: Scott Flaherty

Re: Rock House - 01/20/11 12:55 PM

Yeah, HDR gets a bad rap. Many people don't like it, and that's not because HDR is bad, it's because of how a particular person executed the HDR processing. On the other hand, there are many people who like the surrealistic way of processing HDR. It's a matter of personal taste and I'm not going to say that one way is better than the other.
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Rock House - 01/20/11 03:32 PM

I am one of those who usually shy away from HDR as my workflow is to maximize micro-contrast which is the best way to match the human experience.

With that said, this is one of the nicer HDR treatments I have seen. I don't dislike HDR, just think it is in its infancy.

Very nice shot, very nicely processed, bravo to you Scott to bring such a unique place to life. I am sure without HDR this would not have been possible.

Roman
Posted By: StarrLight

Re: Rock House - 01/21/11 04:25 AM

Very nice!
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum