The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Running Eagle Falls GNP

Posted By: Tony Bynum

Running Eagle Falls GNP - 05/10/06 05:36 AM

nice skiff of snowfall really sets this place off!

image removed. . .

Attached picture 3479-trickfalls-2-email-stroke.jpg
Posted By: JeffDinPA

Re: Running Eagle Falls GNP - 05/10/06 11:36 AM

Ooooo Waterfall!! That is a very nice shot. I like the composition. I like that diagonal in the rock on the right that bring your eyes back to the waterfall.
There is something “harsh” about the photo though. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s weird contrast or over sharp or something.

So is that a fresh snowfall in May? And you are right, that light snow does really add to the shot. What is a Skiff?
Posted By: Tony Bynum

Re: Running Eagle Falls GNP - 05/10/06 12:53 PM

Thanks Jeff, it's over sharpened AND compressed toooo many times. . . Monitor calibration, settings, and quality may also affect its appearance.

However, I think you are right, it's a little over sharpened/too much contrast. . .

In any event, thanks for your words.

A skiff is a flat bottom boat, or if I say it around here, it could also mean a snow fall that just covers the trees, say about 1-2 inches. . .

Snow in May - of course, it will snow on and off until mid July around there. In 2001 we got 5 feet in June! And in 2002 we had 5 inches on July 7th. That snow came down two days ago, and this morning it's a whopping 24 degrees out!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Running Eagle Falls GNP - 05/12/06 04:29 AM

Hey Tony,

I would like to see the image after it has been reprocessed. I liked the initial shot, though I also agree that it was overly sharpened.

5 feet of snow in June? That makes for some awesome photography, I will bet. Nothing like decent temperatures and snow on the ground. When I lived in RI, I knew folks who would go up to Vermont in the late season and ski in shorts (though certainly not as late as June or July).

James
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum