The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Trip to Central Oregon

Posted By: Tyler

Trip to Central Oregon - 08/24/11 04:32 PM

Here are a couple from my recent trip to Central Oregon. More to come, I only had time to process these tonight. I forgot my CP and this was mostly a vacation, so I didn't really approach any of the shots too seriously, I was more focused on just relaxing smile

A ranch with Broken Top and the Three Sisters as a backdrop.

My grandpa used to call these Snow Geese. Picture taken at Cline Falls State Park

Just a few ranch blocks from my uncle's, Steelhead Falls.

At my aunt's suggestion, and wife's insistence, we hiked with hope of watching the sunset at Monkey Face in Smith Rock State Park. We made it with 2 mins to spare. There was too much eye candy along the way.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Trip to Central Oregon - 08/24/11 07:18 PM

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for sharing. My favorite compositions are the first two lead off photos.

James
Posted By: jadlh

Re: Trip to Central Oregon - 08/25/11 10:07 PM

Great light in your series, I like #'s 1, 3 & 4, maybe it's because we have plenty of swans where I live. Excellent compositions. Is this a place you travel to often to take photos, or is this a random trip?

Re: Trip to Central Oregon - 09/09/11 12:45 PM

A couple more...

North and Middle Sister, Three Sisters Wilderness Area

Feathers along the Crooked River

And different angle of Monkey Face

Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Trip to Central Oregon - 09/09/11 02:23 PM

Nice Tyler. Is that alternate shot from the west side of Smith Rock? I have been also to that observation point (Dee Wright if I am not mistaken) for the sisters, my Purple Mountains Majesty shot is from there. Such a cool place.

Roman

Re: Trip to Central Oregon - 09/10/11 12:38 AM

Yes, the Monkey Face shots are on the west side of Smith Rock SP, the top one of North and Middle is taken from Dee Wright Observatory, and the other further down 242.

I've been having some health problems and so my wife and I stuck to the flat river trail and followed it around to watch the sunset, and much of the other stuff is a short walk from the car :S
Posted By: KatieC

Re: Trip to Central Oregon - 09/20/11 08:35 PM

Very nice! smile That very first one is breath-taking for me, I absolutely love it.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum