The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Peonys are out!

Posted By: JeffDinPA

Peonys are out! - 05/30/06 04:29 AM

Never really noticed these plants much until I got into Photography.

Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Peonys are out! - 05/30/06 10:09 PM

They're a great flower - growers say they deserve to be more highly regarded than roses. (They're certainly more expensive to buy, Tree Peonies especially). They come in singles and doubles, not a very wide colour range, looks like you have most of them, just missing the Yellow.

The little Phoebe has coped well with leaving the nest, they are lovely shots.

Re: Peonys are out! - 05/31/06 01:00 AM

Thanks PC, yes they are cool. I like them better then roses since they are hardy, bug tolerant and easy to grow:) I have not purchased any since I have 6-8 p[plants out there which were planted by the previous owner. They are next to the iris patches and probably a couple or few decades old. I never saw a tree peony, I'll have to keep an eye out. You are right, no yellow, I will have to remedy that.

As for Phoebe, I was surprised to see it out of the nest without a tail:) But the parents are such good flyers, I assume the little one will be fine
. as seen in the one photo, they even feed in mid air.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Peonys are out! - 05/31/06 04:33 AM

Hey Jeff,

These are quite nice. I like the 2nd and 3rd and 5th shots best. They have great detail and light. I need to get to the Gardens to shoot the peonys. They are magnificent flowers.

James

Re: Peonys are out! - 05/31/06 12:45 PM

Thanks James, they are amazing flowers. The yellow center can be seen from a great distance and always catches my eye. I assume that's why I have two shots of them in this post:) I always shoot for the detail, and the Tamron 90 is good for that. The light was direct mid day sun, except for the last, 5th one, that was evening sun.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum