The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Orchids!

Posted By: FretlessD

Orchids! - 10/31/11 03:26 AM

I have made friends with the owners of an orchid nursery. They invited me to their annual society show this weekend. What a sight. I wanted to share just a few shots. I haven't put the names to the orchid as of yet, I just couldn't wait to work on them.

Canon 18-135mm 1/125 @f5.0 57mm ISO 1600 (no flash)

Canon 18-135mm 1/200 @f5.0 50mm ISO 2000 (no flash)

Canon EF50mm f1.4 1/100@f6.3 ISO 2000 (no flash)

I could have used a speedlite with a softbox or a grid, but it would have been too disruptive. I hope the high ISO isn't too noisy.

Doug
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Orchids! - 10/31/11 12:30 PM

Hey Doug,

All very nice. The first is beautiful!

James
Posted By: Bob D.

Re: Orchids! - 10/31/11 12:44 PM

Lovely images. I like much. They look good for using no flash.
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Orchids! - 10/31/11 12:52 PM

Very nice. If you shot them RAW, you should be able to bring them up a bit more in terms of color, clarity and vibrance and you should be able to filter some of that noise as well. I'm not talking about doing anything that looks unnatural but just bringing out the subtle colors in the orchids. What a great place to play! I envy you.

Jim
Posted By: FretlessD

Re: Orchids! - 11/03/11 12:24 PM

Quote:
Very nice. If you shot them RAW, you should be able to bring them up a bit more in terms of color, clarity and vibrance and you should be able to filter some of that noise as well. I'm not talking about doing anything that looks unnatural but just bringing out the subtle colors in the orchids. What a great place to play! I envy you.

Jim,

I did shoot them in raw (as always) and here are some re-edits in Lightroom.

Thanks, Doug
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Orchids! - 11/03/11 02:30 PM

Yes, very nice!! Love the way they float on the background. Lovely work!

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum