The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow

Posted By: GalloImages

NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/04/11 03:07 AM

Hello all,

I was in these two parks Sept 30-Oct 7. My wife saw her first wolves and bears in the wild. A thrill for her as this was my birthday present to her!

I have sorted/ post processed almost all 3,000 images but I wanted to share what I have in a NEW slideshow.

Click here: http://www.galloimagesonline.com The slideshow will start up automatically. It is about 3.5 mins.

I think the music and the images fit well. I found it very moving once I reviewed it for the first time.

What do you think?

Enjoy.

Mark
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/04/11 04:23 AM

Very nice. May I ask the music you used. The images are wonderful, and the music really drew them all together.

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/04/11 11:54 AM

Looks like we were there together during the same week! You got much better wildlife than I did. I did not head up into the park for the wolf pack over the kill, but I had heard of it. Lol, now I regret itl. Great shots!

James

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/05/11 07:01 PM

Thanks folks.

James, thats really coincidental we were in the park at the same time.

BTW, I will be leading another group of fellow photographers there June 6-13, 2012.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/07/11 01:28 AM

You bet. I am typically there the week prior as the foliage usually peaks around the 27th or so. Having said that, the fact that the rates drop after the 1st is nice.

We also really lucked out this year with the confluence of weather. LOL, I still wish I went up to Lamar Valley to get those wolves, but that is a whole other story.

James
Posted By: Ralph M

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/07/11 01:51 AM

The slide show is beautiful and restful. You captured some great wildlife photos.

I live in Idaho and have been to Yellowstone/GTNP many times with thousands of photos, so I loved seeing your unique perspective compared to mine.

The only negative comment is a few photos were oversaturated in appearance.

I am new on this forum. This is my first comment, so I hope it is helpful and appropriate.

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/07/11 04:17 AM

Ralph, Thanks for viewing and your comments. It shows you (as we all know) how SUBJECTIVE photography is. I am the most unlikely person to oversaturate. Thats not my style. I spend alot of time making sure my images (especially the landscapes) are as natural and like " I saw them"

Some landscapes I will convert to a watercolor or oil painting style and I saturate to get the paintery, "Thomas Kinkade look". This is by design. These images are some of my BEST sellers!

I assume you are viewing on a calibrated monitor?

Mark

PS: My next home will be Idaho!
Posted By: Ralph M

Re: NEW! Fall 2011 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Slideshow - 11/09/11 10:49 PM

Mark,

Thank you for writing about your images and your style.

You might have a point about my monitor, and I hope this forum will help me get the information I need to select a newer one than the HP f2105 I am using. I need a monitor that gives me more adjustment options.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum