The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Fall Foliage

Posted By: James Morrissey

Fall Foliage - 11/08/11 12:23 PM

Hey Folks,

This would have been my entry into the Fall Photo Challenge, however, it was taken the week prior to the contest. :* I was looking for rainbows and we lucked out - and got a slight double rainbow.

James

Posted By: Marie Mitchell Photography

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/08/11 11:40 PM

Oh, James! Wow is not even the word. Gorgous all the way through!
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/09/11 04:39 AM

Good shot James! I like the layered look- excellent depth. Leading lines focus from the rainbow to the peaks. Brightest area lower third- James you just plain gothca a potta gold!
Posted By: RomanJohnston

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/09/11 05:12 AM

Nice James!!

Roman
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/09/11 07:30 PM

Thanks. LOL, it was essentially "SL of the gods." While we were definitely on the lookout for rainbows, we had already photographed this same location earlier in the day and were fortunately passing by at the right time. It was probably one of my favorite shots from the trip in terms of 'turning out like I planned it.'

I had thought the moose shots (which admittedly I have not shown off) would be the ones because I was sitting in the rain without a jacket in the cold for 3 hours (so it was a lot of work) but you really could not see the rain in the final product.

James
Posted By: Bob D.

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/09/11 10:25 PM

Definately a winner. Double rainbow... lots of depth and layers... textures. Really nice.
Posted By: Diane

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/10/11 01:10 AM

Simply SWEET!!!!
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/10/11 02:35 AM

High time you coughed up those Moose then! Or is it "Meese"?
Or Moose's? Or Meese's? No picture no proof!
Posted By: FretlessD

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/16/11 01:01 PM

James,

This most definitely deserves "Honorable Mention" for the Fall Photo Challenge. (Ain't metadata a bitc_.)

Doug
Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Fall Foliage - 11/16/11 07:57 PM

Love it! Great image.

Jim
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum