Cloak of Protection

Posted By: HarryB

Cloak of Protection - 06/17/06 12:26 AM

Hi Y'all,

A shot I got at the rookery in St. Augustine, Florida

Attached picture 3933-64034270-L.jpg
Posted By: PossumCorner

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/17/06 12:56 PM

Can't see it/them Harry. Anyone else seeing this one (or not)? Are they the same as your young egrets+ at Smugmug, they are superb, love to see them here also.
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/17/06 04:40 PM

I also am not able to open the attachment or view your images. I had a similar problem and finally due to PC showing me the way to get the correct placement, I can join in the discussions. Yes, your bird images are lovely and I would like to see your latest shoot. Not sure how smugmug sets things up, but photobucket has three sections under the photo and I was using the wrong one! (Operator error thing)
Make sure you place your information in the image section where you are writing your post. (Under the Instant UBB Code section)
Hope to see them.
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/17/06 08:36 PM

I cannot see them either. Send me a note and I will try to be helpful.

James

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/17/06 11:02 PM

Darn! It worked when I previewed it. Let's try it this way
Posted By: Peggy Sue

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/18/06 01:20 AM

Wow, it was worth the wait!
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/18/06 05:14 AM

I'll say. That is a beautiful photograph, Harry. Did you have the opportunity to get others? How far were you? It looks like you were below the egrets.

James

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/18/06 12:17 PM

Quote:

I'll say. That is a beautiful photograph, Harry. Did you have the opportunity to get others? How far were you? It looks like you were below the egrets.

James

Thanks James. I've gotten hundreds of shots at the rookery this year. http://behret.smugmug.com/gallery/1284080 The rookery at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm is just an incredible place to shoot. There are loads of great, snowy and cattle egrets, tri-color and little blue herons and storks nesting. The boardwalk gets you so close that you could reach into some of the nests and steal an egg.

I have gotten shots with my 28-70mm there and most of my shots are at 200-300mm. This shot gives you a pretty good idea of the shooting set-up there.
Posted By: Loopman

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/18/06 04:42 PM

You have a very nice collection of images at Smugmug. I found the wood storks to be very appealing on page 2 and you have a beautiful baby egret on page 4. You say this is an alligator farm? It took 14 pages to get to the alligators!!! LOL.

Lou

Re: Cloak of Protection - 06/19/06 09:21 AM

Quote:

You have a very nice collection of images at Smugmug. I found the wood storks to be very appealing on page 2 and you have a beautiful baby egret on page 4. You say this is an alligator farm? It took 14 pages to get to the alligators!!! LOL.

Lou

Thanks Lou. I think I finally noticed the gators on my 4th trip up there. It was a real shock.

Its funny up there because all the tourists are running around, taking in the gator and croc displays, shooting with their cell phone cameras and P&Ss. On the boardwalk in the rookery you have a smaller group of photographers with DSLRs, 500mm & 600mm lenses, Gitzo carbon fiber tripods and Wimberly heads.
© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum