The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum - Fine Art Landscape Photography

Your Favorite Shot From 2011

Posted By: James Morrissey

Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/29/11 03:46 PM

Hey Folks,

Thought this might be a fun time to review those shots that we think were our best for 2011.

James
Posted By: James Morrissey

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/29/11 03:49 PM

I think that this would probably be my favorite...though it is close. I went a lot of fun places this year.

Posted By: Jim Garvie

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/31/11 02:05 PM

I thought it would be difficult to pick one "favorite" shot from 2011 but it really wasn't. I shot a lot of animals and people this past year. Did a number of shows including another Rottie National. Went a lot of places. But my favorite shot was taken in the studio with a flower from the back yard. It's my favorite because I enjoyed playing with the lighting and creating an image that is more than a macro shot of the flower. Here's my view of "The Center Of The Universe".

Enjoy,

Jim
Posted By: Diane

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/31/11 03:28 PM

I don't have to think twice about this one. It was the most difficult shot I ever got, the most challenging, the most rewarding, and one that I will likely never get another opportunity to photograph. This is a silverback gorilla with a "packet" meal, taken in the Virunga Mountains, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda.

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/31/11 03:30 PM

James, aside from the colors, which are spectacular, and the tack sharpness, I love the way you captured the round, globe horizon. Stunning!!

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/31/11 03:36 PM

Beautiful crispness and colors, Jim. The fun you had taking this really shows through. Makes me want to get out that Sigma 150mm macro, which has been collecting dust, so to speak, and dust off my macro skills (such as they are.... sigh).

This is going to be a fun thread. By the way, James, how many favorites can we include? ...... just kidding. smile
Posted By: Bob D.

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 12/31/11 05:28 PM

This is such a tough thing and honestly, I'm torn between a few images. But I think I'm going to go with this shot of a wild stallion running across the tidal flats. I'm surprised I chose this one rather than a one of the frames before it where two stallions were rearing-up in the air, fighting. But there's something about the posture of this horse, the victor, as he chases his opponent out of his territory. Nothing like a little drama in nature to make a nice shot.

BTW, this is the horse used to create my current watermark. The basis for that logo that appears on more recent photos was a cutout of this horse in the fight mentioned above.

Posted By: Durwood Edwards

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 01/01/12 04:49 PM

This was certainly my favorite photographic moment in 2011 as I found this little guy sunning himself in the roadway near my house:
Posted By: Marty Everhard

Re: Your Favorite Shot From 2011 - 01/03/12 02:36 AM

Everyone else tells me, this one. White Pine Lake is
a 10 mile roundtrip hike from the trailhead, rising 3,000
vertical feet. This shot from late August, 2011.

© 2024 The Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum